Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin has been an absolute clown when it comes to Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson (as he’s been on pretty much every single issue ever). Here’s a quick refresher in case you’ve had the misfortune to have missed any of it:
- BS merchant Dick Durbin asks Ketanji Brown Jackson for her thoughts on GOP’s ‘fascination’ with court-packing
- Jonathan Turley weighs in after Sen. Durbin denies release of reports (that Judge Jackson said senators need to see)
- Sen. Dick Durbin runs interference for Ketanji Brown Jackson over one question from Sen. Ted Cruz about sentencing
- Dick Durbin says Republicans’ questioning of Ketanji Brown Jackson was ‘tedious’ and playing to QAnon
- Sen. Dick Durbin says GOPers accused Ketanji Brown Jackson of ‘vile things’ in front of her family
Dick Durbin is just a bottomless pit of clownery. And because he’s a bottomless pit of clownery, it means there’s always room for more:
Sen. Dick Durbin says that Republican questioning of Ketanji Brown Jackson was "fundamentally unfair."
"But we've done it too on the Democratic side…There are things that should have been handled better when Republican nominees were before us." pic.twitter.com/YAwsiktUZ4
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) April 6, 2022
DURBIN: "I'm gonna be first to admit, as I look back in history, there are things that should have been handled better when Republican [SCOTUS] nominees were before us." pic.twitter.com/CVU83xFEIJ
— Greg Price (@greg_price11) April 6, 2022
This is adorable.
— RLD Jr (@rldesmondjr) April 6, 2022
Dick’s really sorry, you guys. He means it, sincerely.
mistakes were made https://t.co/kol5vghVx4
— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) April 6, 2022
Hey, these things happen!
He means the fake gang rape allegations could've been handled better. Good point.
— AB Interceptor (@ABInterceptor) April 6, 2022
Lol at this. @DickDurbin blocking Estrada specifically because of his race and joining Avenatti to call Kavanaugh an actual gang rapist does not compare to the fair questions Ketanji Brown Jackson refused to answer about her actual record and decisions. https://t.co/oUX0vLY1XQ
— Matt Whitlock (@mattdizwhitlock) April 6, 2022
All that matters is that the Democrats will never, ever do it again.
Until the next time they do it.