Bill Kristol: It’s Perfectly Legitimate to Ask What Job Natalie Harp Is Doing...
Diminutive Commie Cut Down to Size: Scott Bessent Takes Robert Reich Down a...
Maggie Haberman Calls Trump Aide Natalie Harp a ‘Human Binkie’
Judge Blocks Trump Administration's Plan to Move FBI Out of Hoover Building
“Tails Between Their Legs: Harry and Meghan’s Shock Move Back to the UK...
Trump Administration Cuts $3 Billion in Refundable Tax Credits for Illegal Aliens
NYT Speaks With Six People to Find Out What 'Sylphlike' Natalie Harp Actually...
Moderation Operation: Is Dem Jessica Tarlov AOC’s One-Woman PR Rep? Sure Seems Like...
Abdul El-Sayed Notes That Jesus Was Considered a Radical in His Time Too
Florida Squeeze: MS NOW’s Morning Joe Crew Fawn Over Latest Democrat DSA Darling...
Daily Beast and Rosie O'Donnell Think an Iranian Assassination Plot Is Enough to...
Former NIAID Adviser Pleads Guilty to Scheme to Hide Records During the COVID...
Harmeet Dhillon Explains What Was Really on Display From CNN's Erin Burnett and...
Spencer Pratt Notices Something Very Curious About How Long 'Democracy' Takes in Certain...
Karen Bass Brags About Forcing Taxpayers to 6x Her Campaign Cash While the...

ABC Files Suit Against FCC Because Trump Admin 'Has Waged a Retaliatory Campaign' Against It

Townhall Media

ABC, which just a couple of years ago reached a $15 million settlement with President Donald Trump after Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos repeatedly said Trump had been held "liable for rape," is now suing the Federal Communications Commission over what it calls "a retaliatory campaign." The suit seeks an order to block the FCC from moving ahead with proceedings to revoke broadcast licenses.

Advertisement

Reuters reports:

Disney and its ABC unit sued the Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday to block an early review of licenses for eight ABC stations, arguing that the Trump administration is trying to punish the network over ‌its broadcast content.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly urged broadcasters to drop comedy or news programs he dislikes or which have been critical, and has pressed the FCC on numerous occasions to revoke ABC's licenses.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, Disney said the FCC was seeking to coerce and retaliate against "a network that refuses to bow to the administration's demands," calling the agency's actions an "extraordinary assault on free speech."

Trump has waged an aggressive series of attacks on the news media and the latest move follows a two-year-long battle between Trump and Disney. Last month, Trump again called for ABC stations to lose their licenses because the network refused to air ⁠a prime-time speech on elections.

Advertisement

"Comedy or news programs" is doing a lot of lifting here. Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The View are both one-sided political opinion platforms.

Advertisement

Reuters adds:

The FCC is also investigating ABC daytime talk show "The View," which discusses U.S. politics, after saying it may be subject to federal rules requiring broadcasters to provide equal opportunities to political candidates. Disney noted that since February the program has not invited any political candidates to appear, citing the FCC’s "pressure campaign."

If ABC is so concerned about its license renewals, it could take steps, like lightening up on the political propaganda. There are steps all mainstream media outlets could take to get their approval ratings out of the gutter, but so far none have attempted them. Well, maybe CBS News, and Bari Weiss is getting slammed for it.

***

Editor's Note: The mainstream media continues to gaslight, spin, and lie about President Trump, his administration, and conservatives.

Help us continue to expose their left-wing bias by reading news you can trust. Join Twitchy VIP and use promo code FIGHT to receive 60% off your membership.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement