Good news for Gillette. According to Morning Consult their new ad campaign targeting men for being men and pushing a softer, gentler, more annoying type of masculinity has generally been well-received according to their survey.
New survey finds Gillettes' commercial:
1) Positioned the company as socially responsible
2) Was generally well received
3) Made Harry’s + Dollar Shave Club customers more likely to buy Gillette
4) Likely won't have a significant impact on their reputationhttps://t.co/exAiq7AN2D
— Morning Consult (@MorningConsult) January 17, 2019
Well, we’re sure the folks at Gillette were happy to see this when the commercial itself is being down-voted more than a Nickelback song on YouTube … there is of course just one HUGE problem with this poll.
Take a gander.
I found the link it was on the bottom of the page:https://t.co/xQJbSbIWC7
Tbh I have yet to digest it but the methodology is online and the demographics are well..here is one page of the demos. pic.twitter.com/TM5IIXxNuw
— Greg (@gmcclure382) January 18, 2019
Women. The majority are WOMEN.
Notice that nearly half of the respondents HATED it … you know, the ones Gillette should worry about if they’re trying to sell men razors. And the women they appealed to likely don’t shave anything anyway so FAIL.
Go woke, go broke.
Never buying Gillette again. I'll use me wife's Lady Schick.
— John (@milepost9) January 18, 2019
— C. Irwin (@Bookwormdearlor) January 18, 2019
Best drunk tweet ever!
— 44 Remington Magnum (@44_rem_mag) January 18, 2019
I’ll take things that didn’t happen for $1000 Alex.
— Redleg 7 (@7Redleg) January 18, 2019
That's funny, because I saw a lot of ridicule aimed at them.
— John Doiron and 437 others (@jfd1965) January 18, 2019
As a man that wasn’t surveyed, let me help you
1. Companies should avoid engaging in social politics
2. I felt I was being generalized
3. As a life long Gillette customer, signed up for dollar shave
4. My impression of Gillette is they are now SJWs
— James Whomever (@JamesWhomever) January 18, 2019
Feeling pretty confident in calling BS on this survey.