In September, the Pentagon said after an investigation that a drone strike in Kabul they thought was to take out ISIS-K operatives actually killed 10 civilians:
A more comprehensive investigation has found that — you guessed it — there was no negligence in the botched strike:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pentagon watchdog finds no negligence in mistaken drone strike that killed Afghan civilians, official tells AP.
— Jonathan Lemire (@JonLemire) November 3, 2021
BREAKING: A Pentagon review concludes that the U.S. drone strike that killed innocent Kabul civilians and children in the final days of the Afghanistan war was not caused by misconduct or negligence, and doesn't recommend disciplinary action, @AP learns. https://t.co/PQ7HvbhMjg
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 3, 2021
Pentagon says errant August drone strike that killed 10 civilians in Kabul resulted from "execution errors combined with confirmation bias and communication breakdowns." https://t.co/Agc9f4IfGf
— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) November 3, 2021
We’d say that’s unbelievable, but unfortunately, it isn’t.
So far the only person who has been held accountable for Biden’s botched Afghanistan withdrawal has been the guy who pointed out what a disaster the withdrawal was.
It's 2021. You either have to blame Trump, their parents, or no one.
— Richard B. Costa (@Rico_Suave1111) November 3, 2021
"No negligence in mistaken drone strike" is a bit of an oxymoron.
Something was clearly neglected otherwise a mistake would not have occurred..
— Dux (@duxsi) November 3, 2021
Not going prosecute a general
— Alaskatriguy (@alaskatriguy) November 3, 2021
They couldn’t find a way to blame Trump.
— Chip (@ChipUlbert) November 3, 2021
Apparently not, though you know the Biden administration would have appreciated that.