'Stop Gaslighting Me!': FL Dem. Senate Nom and Dem Chair Explode in Yelling...
Oh, SHELL No!: Canadian WNBA Team Introduces Non-Binary Turtle Mascot With She/They Pronou...
One Meta Data Center Just Doubled (and Then Some) Teachers’ Pay in a...
Chris Cuomo Says Ossoff’s Natalie Harp Dig Meant Her and Trump Hanging Out...
Melugin Highlights Illegal Who Poured Hot Wax on Kids — Then Schools Cato...
Men Dump Girlfriends Who Defend Lindsay Clancy: 'Not Who You Want Raising Your...
NYT’s 'Honest Mistake' Just Cost It $9.25M After Falsely Tying Innocent Alabama Hooper...
One Mom Tried to Ban Oreos From the Entire Class Lunchbox — and...
JD Vance Reveals Usha’s Sleep Training Approach: Start From the Beginning
Croon-Fed Insanity: Rosie O’Donnell Sings About Trump on Kimmel's Show As Acosta Applauds...
Half-Baked Attack: CNN Shuns Common Recipe Math to Smear HHS RFK, Jr., and...
Jill Biden's Insane Theory Behind Why Biden Might've Lost the Debate
Favreau Frets Over Illegal’s Kid Starting School — Owned by Angel Dad Whose...
SCOTUS Weighs in on Trump's Ballroom Construction (Cue the TDS Crowd Meltdowns)
'Entitled Foreign Brat': Dana Loesch Slams Harry’s Arlington Visit Amid Move Back to...
Premium

Reporter Does Actual Journalism on Citizen Who Was 'Detained by ICE' for Two Days

Twitchy

I say all the time here that I'm glad the Department of Homeland Security is so active on X, debunking horrific tales of ICE mistreatment. Someone is keeping an eye on the mainstream media and responding to fake news. As I reported back in February, the big scandal was that Border Patrol agents had abandoned a nearly blind refugee from Myanmar at a donut shop five miles from his home, and he died trying to walk home. You were supposed to infer that he died from hypothermia while trying to walk home, but the county medical examiner said his cause of death was health‑related. The refugee was being held on two counts of assault with intent to cause injury to an officer, a count of possession of a weapon, and trespassing, among other charges, before a plea deal was reached.

We have our next victim of ICE. Pablo Manríquez, editor of Migrant Insider, shares a similar story of a Haitian national who was abandoned by ICE and left to die:

Doesn't it?

This brings me back to a story that I've posted about a couple of times now, but DHS has posted about it again, as has the CBS News reporter looking into the story. ABC 7 Chicago kicked things off:

As I said in my first post about this, always check for the "family says" or "an attorney for the family says" qualifier. Naqvi's family claims ICE took her off a flight at O'Hare after a business trip fell through and put her in ICE detention in Wisconsin for 46 hours. DHS claims that she was picked out for secondary inspection by TSA and was free to go in about 90 minutes. The Chicago Tribune picked up the story, which it called "extraordinary" and "disputed by accounts from the federal government, two sheriff’s departments, and her purported employer."

As I reported, Naqvi "was too shaken to speak with ABC 7 on Sunday," according to the station. As for The Chicago Tribune, they reached her by phone on Sunday, but "Naqvi said she did not want to make a statement" and "by Tuesday, she stopped answering questions." Huh.

DHS posted receipts earlier this week:

"… are FALSE."

A reporter for CBS News actually followed up:

The post continues:

… the thing

- The Cook County Sheriff's Office says they looked inside the Broadview Processing Center. They did not find Naqvi there

- The Dodge County Sheriff's Office says she was never in their custody

- And now we're seeing that her employer is saying that she's not even an employee with them, and  this was all for a work trip, apparently

We've also found that Naqvi pled guilty to making a false police report in a sexual assault case downstate a few years ago. We have reached out to her attorney again. We've reached out to her sister, elected officials. They have not gotten back to us. We did hear back from her sister. She says they just want privacy at this time.”

Oh, now they just want privacy, after being too shaken up over the incident to talk with reporters.

Someone asked Grok if Naqvi had a history of falsehoods. According to Grok:

Yes. Public records from 2019-2020 show Sundas "Sunny" Naqvi (then a UIUC student) made sexual harassment allegations against Professor Joe Petry that the university investigated and deemed not credible, linking them to blackmail for a grade and money. She faced felony charges including intimidation, aggravated unlawful restraint, residential burglary, and criminal damage to property tied to incidents with two ex-boyfriends (threats to delete evidence, break-in, property destruction, false reports causing one ex's arrest). A stalking no-contact order was issued against her re: the professor. Most charges were acquitted or dismissed; roommate was convicted on related counts.

Congratuations for whoever at CBS News followed up properly after ABC News reported her story as fact based on an account from her sister.

***

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement