Newsom Got Caught Thinking Nobody Would Notice What He Let Slip
Bill Melugin Takes Dem Staffer APART in Back and Forth Over How Dumb...
Journo Luke Rosiak Warned His Fairfax Neighbors About Murder on NextDoor (Guess What...
Mike Rogers Just Seriously One-Upped Abdul El-Sayed at His Press Conference and OH...
Monica Crowley Used Eric Swalwell's Poorly Aging Words Against Him and He REALLY...
Independent Women's Voice Shows What a DSA Future Would REALLY Look Like in...
Democrats Declare ‘Blue Wave’ ... After Sweeping Their Own Primaries and X Has...
Uh Oh! Looks Like Eric Swalwell's Troubles Just Got Worse
People Are LOVING Laura Ingraham's SLAM on Abigail Spanberger After Illegal Murders Virgin...
Calif. Dem Comms Guy Gets Ratioed Into Orbit After Calling Nick Shirley a...
Rashida 'From the River to the Sea' Tlaib BIG MAD at Brutally Honest...
Scott Jennings' Biden Inflation Fact-Check So ENRAGES CNN Lefty He Sputters and Spittles...
Everybody's Letting Rep. Ro Khanna Know His 'Medicare for All' Pitch Sure Smells...
UK's Asylum Seeker 'Welcome Pack' Shows HOW DANGEROUS Islam Really Is, Especially to...
Mamdani's City-Run Grocery Store Dream Just Got Even MORE Insane (Ain't Socialism Grand!)

Fox News: Former Gitmo detainee may have orchestrated Benghazi attacks

On tonight’s “Special Report,” anchor Bret Baier reported that the man who led last week’s deadly attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi is believed to have been released from Gitmo into Libyan custody in 2007.

Advertisement

Earlier this afternoon, an Obama Administration official finally acknowledged what we’ve known all along: that the attacks in Benghazi constituted an act of terrorism:

“I would say yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy,” Matt Olsen, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center, said Wednesday at a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, in response to questioning from Chairman Joe Lieberman (I-CT) about the attack that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

As for who was responsible, Olsen said it appears there were attackers from a number of different militant groups that operate in and around Benghazi, and said there are already signs of al Qaeda involvement.

Advertisement

“We are looking at indications that individuals involved in the attack may have had connections to al Qaeda or al Qaeda’s affiliates; in particular, al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb,” he said.

Fox News’ intelligence sources believe that the attacks are definitely linked to al Qaeda.

Intelligence sources tell Fox News.. they are convinced the attack on the consulate in Benghazi was directly tied to al Qaeda.. and believe a former detainee at the US prison at Guantanimo Bay, Cuba may have not only been a part of the attack.. but, may have led it. Sufyan Ben Qumu – a Libyan -was released from Gitmo in 2007 and was transferred to Libyan custody under the specific condition that he would be kept in jail… he was released by Qaddafi’s regime as part of its reconciliation effort with Islamists in 2008.

The Washington Free Beacon has video of the report:

Advertisement

Nice that this news comes the day after President Obama told David Letterman that he totally expects the Muslim world to “keep our people safe.” Don’t you all feel better now?

Twitterers reacted to the revelations:

https://twitter.com/treyhardin16/status/248543471307218947

https://twitter.com/_starstar/status/248543736802447360

Advertisement

Heh. It’s funny because it’s true. And frightening. Will all those who leapt to the defense of radical Islamists and blamed a filmmaker for the rash of anti-American violence now defend an al Qaeda associate by blaming a crappy movie for his role in Americans’ deaths?

https://twitter.com/brady_cremeens/status/248551252852633601

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement