Author Claims That the United States 'Does Not Have a Right to Exist'
Long-Time Veteran Has Never Seen Scenes Like Those IDF Prisoners in Their Underwear
Five-Word Community Note Correcting Greater Manchester Police Is a Thing of Beauty
James Woods Advises Jews to Arm Themselves in Response to Shocking Poll
'Antisemitism Works That Way.' Leftwing Pro-Palestinian Writer Shares Deep Hatred of Israe...
Elise Stefanik Claims a Scalp: Liz Magill OUT At UPenn
Hillary Clinton Campaign Lawyer Says Donald Trump Is Plotting to Overthrow Democracy
Welp. Pro-Palestinian Activist Doctor Shares 20-Year-Old Photo to Try and Shame Pro-Israel...
POLITICO: Candidate Speaking Out After Online Sex Life ‘Exposed’
Dem. Rep. Ilhan Omar Decries, 'Gaza is the Most Dangerous Place in the...
Mich. Gov. Whitmer's in No Hurry to Get Rid of Gas Stoves (at...
Strange Bedfellows Alert: ACLU Announces They'll Represent... The NRA
Richard Stengel on Crime and the Economy: Believe Me, America, Not Your Lying...
Father of Guy Charged With Federal Firearm Crime Lectures Us About 'Gun Safety'...
Is Alex Jones Coming Back to Twitter? It's Up to the Twitter Users

Speech chilled? #FireHolder‬ protest at White House shut down by Secret Service

Student activists gathered outside the White House Monday morning to let President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder know that they intend to hold them accountable for the deadly Fast and Furious operation. But the protesters were quickly cleared out by Secret Service, leading many to wonder if the White House simply didn’t like their message.


Before the #FireHolder‬ protest was shut down, the activists demanded justice for fallen border patrol agent Brian Terry and pressed the White House to release critical documents related to the federal gun-tracking scandal.

Secret Service shut down the protest shortly after it began, citing a suspicious backpack and possibly a bomb threat.


Conservatives weren’t buying the “suspicious package” line.

Maurice Lewis, a student at the University of California, Merced, who marched in the event told Campus Reform that the Secret Service had seemed on edge well before the “suspicious package” was discovered.

“Several agents seemed hostile to our march and seemed anxious for us to leave the area,” said Lewis. “The discovery of the ‘unidentified package’ came just as the protest began to gain traction.”

And as it turns out, their skepticism was warranted.


The Daily Caller Reports:

Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told The Daily Caller later that law enforcement was not trying to chill protesters’ free speech rights. “We had an unattended package and we cleared it for public safety,” he said.

Leary admitted the “unattended package” turned out to be “absolutely nothing.”

“We responded as we always do with our SOP [standard operating procedure],” Leary said.

Leary said the Secret Service would not “characterize” the package but made the decision to close down the area out of “an abundance of caution.”

The activists carried on, moving the protest to another location.

But eventually the protest was shut down again.


Sorry, Secret Service, you might be able to clear Pennsylvania Ave. over a “suspicious package,” but you can’t shut down the #FireHolder movement on Twitter.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member


Trending on Twitchy Videos