Socialist Angie Nixon Praises ‘Peaceful’ George Floyd Protests, Says FL Gov. Ron DeSantis...
Question Marx: NYT Reporter Says DSA Members Struggle to Explain How They AREN’T...
Drs. Drew Pinsky and Ben Carson: Is Trump Derangement Syndrome Psyop, Natural, or...
I Suggested Sleep Training and the Internet Lost Its Mind
UK Police Searched Through Six Years of Henry Nowak's Social Media Posts to...
Provocateur Jake Lang Arrested at Anti-Islamification Rally in Minneapolis
Hot Take: No White Nationalist Is Going to Pick Strawberries in 110-Degree Heat
Cato Chair: There Should Be No Federal Agency Tasked With Deporting Immigrants
Randi Weingarten Launches Website to Steer People Away From Shopping at Target
Gossip Girls: CNN’s Kasie Hunt and NYT‘S Maggie Haberman Aren’t ‘Relatively Close’ to...
Paramount Pushes Back Against Mark Ruffalo Claiming Complicity in Palestinian ‘Genocide’
J.K. Rowling: Caring What’s Between Your Date’s Legs Isn’t Bigotry — It’s Not...
Majority of Democrats Want to Recall Seattle Mayor As Starbucks Proceeds With Move...
Hasan Piker Mocks Charlie Kirk’s Assassination on Stage — Crowd Cheers As He...
US Government Plans to Pay $850 Million of the 'Several Billion' It Owes...

Former adviser explains why VP Pence 'had no choice...but to accept and count the Electoral College votes'

Former federal judge J. Michael Luttig, and adviser to Mike Pence, took to Twitter to explain why the then Vice President “had no choice on January 6, 2021, but to accept and count the Electoral College votes as they had been cast and properly certified by the states”:

Advertisement

He is writing in response to reporting from Bob Woodward and Robert Costa and a memo sent to President Trump from John Eastman outlining a 6-step plan that had Pence refusing to count electors from alleged disputed states, thus sending the election to the House of Representatives which would have certified Trump as the winner:N

Memo here:

Luttig tweeted, “I believe(d) that Professor Eastman was incorrect at every turn of the analysis in his January 2 memorandum” and that “the Supreme Court would have decided each of these issues had they been presented to the Court, which they undoubtedly would have been had the VP proceeded as outlined in the January 2 memorandum.”

Advertisement

THREAD ==>

Advertisement

***

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement