Rashida 'From the River to the Sea' Tlaib BIG MAD at Brutally Honest...
Scott Jennings' Biden Inflation Fact-Check So ENRAGES CNN Lefty He Sputters and Spittles...
Everybody's Letting Rep. Ro Khanna Know His 'Medicare for All' Pitch Sure Smells...
UK's Asylum Seeker 'Welcome Pack' Shows HOW DANGEROUS Islam Really Is, Especially to...
Mamdani's City-Run Grocery Store Dream Just Got Even MORE Insane (Ain't Socialism Grand!)
Shush TINY: Mike Rogers BODIES Abdul El-Sayed and His Sad Little Man Syndrome...
Making Her FAMOUS: TikTok Mom-ster Goes VIRAL for Tormenting Baby in Her Lap...
Erin Burnett and Maggie Haberman Continue to Struggle With the Idea of a...
Dem Abdul El-Sayed Panders to Black Voters by Claiming He’s African Since His...
Jessica Tarlov Says Vindman’s Defeat Signals End of Dem ‘Superheroes’ of Trump’s First...
Indecision 2028: Reporter Stumps Dem Gov. Gavin Newsom With ‘Would You Be a...
UK 'Asylum-Seekers' Being Handed Booklets Teaching Them That Women Are for More Than...
Bill Kristol: It’s Perfectly Legitimate to Ask What Job Natalie Harp Is Doing...
Diminutive Commie Cut Down to Size: Scott Bessent Takes Robert Reich Down a...
Maggie Haberman Calls Trump Aide Natalie Harp a ‘Human Binkie’

'Democracy dies in six weeks of darkness': Washington Post issues Editor's Note (behind the paywall) and deletes tweet on its coverage of the Covington Catholic students

The Washington Post has finally added an Editor’s Note to all of its reporting on the Covington Catholic students at the March for Life in D.C. and they’ve deleted this tweet which erroneously stated that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War:

Advertisement

It only took them 6 weeks:

The story is also behind the paywall so people can’t read it:

Here it is in full:

March 1 at 5:17 PM

A Washington Post article first posted online on Jan. 19 reported on a Jan. 18 incident at the Lincoln Memorial. Subsequent reporting, a student’s statement and additional video allow for a more complete assessment of what occurred, either contradicting or failing to confirm accounts provided in that story — including that Native American activist Nathan Phillips was prevented by one student from moving on, that his group had been taunted by the students in the lead-up to the encounter, and that the students were trying to instigate a conflict. The high school student facing Phillips issued a statement contradicting his account; the bishop in Covington, Ky., apologized for the statement condemning the students; and an investigation conducted for the Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School found the students’ accounts consistent with videos.Subsequent Post coverage, including video, reported these developmentsViral standoff between a tribal elder and a high schooler is more complicated than it first seemed”; “Kentucky bishop apologizes to Covington Catholic students, says he expects their exoneration”; “Investigation finds no evidence of ‘racist or offensive statements’ in Mall incident.

A Jan. 22 correction to the original story reads: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips said he served in the U.S. Marines but was never deployed to Vietnam.

Advertisement

Too late?

And we expect this had something to do with the multi-million dollar lawsuit:

***

Related:

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement