Texas Dems Looking Into 8-Month 'Coverup' of ICE Agent Killing a Citizen
MS NOW Host Says NOTHING As Chuck Schumer Claims Trump's Criticism of SCOTUS...
Remember Dems Denying Coordination Between the WH and DOJ on the Mar-a-Lago Raid?...
Another 'Outrageous ICE Abuse' Story from The Guardian—Headline Ignores Husband's Expired...
Poor Canada: Betting Their Entire Country's Worth on Beating the 'Hated' USA. Spoiler:...
CNN Panelists Did NOT Like Scott Jennings' Reminder That the Left's Anti-SCOTUS Narratives...
Cato Needs an Intervention: Peddling Debunked Nonsense While Pretending Left-Wing Body Cou...
Update: Judge Rules on Evicting Residents Because Maryland Police Wouldn't Clean up a...
US 'Trying to Starve Cuba' Claims Journalist—X Replies: Communism's Been Starving It for...
Jesse Watters Has a Counterproposal for Dems Saying Trump Owes Americans a Refund
Sen. Kennedy's Brutal AOC Roast: 'Operation Let Her Speak' – She'd Get Eaten...
Chris Murphy Says Trump Trying to Arrest Political Opponents Is Unprecedented in U.S....
Check Your Email! District Court Tries to Pull an End Around on the...
Gavin Newsom Takes an 'Imagine What You Could Have Done With the Money'...
CNN: 'Immigration Officers Are Arresting US Citizens in Increasing Numbers' (Gee, Why Woul...

New York Times: About those illegal immigrant children being ripped from their mothers' arms and lost…

You know something’s up when a newspaper ends a headline with a question mark, like this one from The New York Times Monday night: “Did the Trump Administration Separate Immigrant Children From Parents and Lose Them?”

Advertisement

Um, that’s kind of what the media and pundits have been freaking out about, so could we get a simple yes or no? In short:

The New York Times reports:

Did the Trump administration separate nearly 1,500 immigrant children from their parents at the border, and then lose track of them?
No. The government did realize last year that it lost track of 1,475 migrant children it had placed with sponsors in the United States, according to testimony before a Senate subcommittee last month. But those children had arrived alone at the Southwest border — without their parents.

So much for them being ripped from their mothers’ arms, then. But how about the more than 1,000 that were “lost”?

Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversees refugee resettlement, began making calls last year to determine what had happened to 7,635 children the government had helped place between last October and the end of the year.

From these calls, officials learned that 6,075 children remained with their sponsors. Twenty-eight had run away, five had been removed from the United States and 52 had relocated to live with a nonsponsor. The rest were unaccounted for, giving rise to the 1,475 number. It is possible that some of the adult sponsors simply chose not to respond to the agency.

Advertisement

So, as many had surmised, adult sponsors simply chose not to respond the HHS for whatever reason.

https://twitter.com/msttrader/status/1001231427424305152

https://twitter.com/Moj_kobe/status/1001227377941274625

https://twitter.com/Billyjack70/status/1001227186832117760

https://twitter.com/EF517_V3/status/1001236292334600193

https://twitter.com/Moj_kobe/status/1001227831886540800

Advertisement

C’mon guys, give it up with the old photos from the Obama administration:


Related:

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement