AOC Holds Up a Jar of Georgia 'Drinking Water' Polluted by a Nearby...
Foolhardy Flashback: Stephen Colbert’s Late-Night Exit Is Here, Check Out His 2020 TDS...
Dem Insists Trump Didn’t Win Those Swing States, Blames Elon Musk and Malware
DNC Autopsy Goes Wrong: Democrat Moskowitz Says the Party Is a Botched Corpse
Third Chief of Staff Out: Fetterman’s Shift to Sanity Triggers DC Staff Revolt
Bruce Springsteen Says Stephen Colbert Lost His Show Because the President Can’t Take...
Jimmy Kimmel Urges Viewers Never to Turn On CBS Ever Again (After Colbert...
Gen Z vs. Gen X War Over Lunches Continues: PB&J Is 'What They...
'Because You Never Know When the Last One Is': Kyle Busch Passes Away...
Mastermind Behind $250 Million Feeding Our Future Scam Sentenced; Rep. Ilhan Omar Speechle...
Maine Senate Dem Candidate Graham Platner: Time Magazine's Latest Nazi-Chic Cover Boy
Hostin, We Have a Problem: Sunny Lies on The View, Claims BLM Riots...
Let Us All Join Brian Stelter In Mourning Over One Less Hour of...
Minnesota Fraud Defendant 'On the Run' After Jumping From Fourth Story Balcony to...
Majority Leader John Thune Announces Senate Will Go Home Until June

Police unsure if reported shooting at North Carolina mall was a shooting at all

As Twitchy reported, Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, N.C., was placed on lockdown Saturday afternoon after police responded to a report of a shot or shots fired inside the mall.

Advertisement

ABC 11 in Raleigh reports that multiple eyewitnesses said there was a shooting in the mall’s food court. One person told the AP that he saw a man pull a gun during a fight in the mall’s food court and that he heard as many as four shots fired.

However, police aren’t yet certain that there was a shooting at all. No one is in custody, and no gunshot injuries were reported, although eight people suffered minor injuries in the rush to evacuate the mall.

Police aren’t saying for certain that there was no shooting, but now that the building has been cleared and investigators have been able to perform an initial sweep, it doesn’t look like they’ve turned up evidence that shots were fired.

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/WilfredSpeed1/status/764614965600804865

https://twitter.com/tangopapa5400/status/764586653482643460

An Instagram video that reportedly captured the sound of gunfire has been making the rounds on social media. We have our own thoughts, but listen for yourself. Gunfire?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJD71hohyFo

Again, police are still investigating. However, there have been incidents, such as one at the Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento, Calif., in 2012 and another at the International Mall in Tampa, Fla., in 2014, where a shopping center was evacuated only for police to determine that no shots were fired. In one case, police believe a sign was knocked over during a fight and many mistook the sound for a gun.

Advertisement

* * *

Update:

According to a tweet from ABC News, police have confirmed that there were no gunshots fired. However, the linked article reads, “Police said hours later they were investigating but hadn’t confirmed whether any shots had been fired.”

Twitchy will update this post with any developments.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement