John Leguizamo Has a TOTALLY NORMAL Reaction to News That Trump Is Winning...
Twitter Discovers the Shocking White House Nickname of Ben Rhodes
Do YOUR Job: Tom Cotton Forgets Role of Government, Tells Citizens to Handle...
Enjoy This Video of a Pro-Hamas Protester 'Screaming in Pain' While Cops Remove...
The Price of Housing Popularizes Return to Multigenerational Living
Painful and HILARIOUS --> David Hogg Takes the Bait and Tussles with Master...
President Joe Biden Mobbed at Gas Station in Philadelphia
Any Cop Fawning Over Donald Trump Is a Dirty Cop, Plain and Simple
Pulling a Fire Alarm 'Does Not Equate to Killing Members of Congress'
NYC Resident Asks 'Why Anyone Would Ever Live in the Suburbs,’ and Twitter...
Illegal Migrant Kills Advisor to Democratic Senator Cortez Masto In Horrific Hit and...
Man Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Protests His Appearance at Kent State
Prospective Trump Juror Gives Her Thoughts on the Former President
Yikes: NASA Confirms Space Station Debris Hit Florida Man's Home
Dem Rep. Eric Swalwell Has a New 'Terrorist' Categorization for Donald Trump

Harvard's student government agrees with activist snowflakes that student newspaper shouldn't've sought comment from ICE in story about ICE

Last month, hundreds of Harvard students (possibly including David Hogg, because he’d do something like that) signed a petition slamming the student newspaper, the Harvard Crimson, for having the gall to seek comment from ICE in a story about an anti-ICE protest.

Stupid, right? Well, it gets stupider. Reason’s Robby Soave reports that Harvard’s student government has sided with the ostensibly openminded activists over actual openmindedness and journalistic fundamentals:

More from Reason:

The council’s statement does not specifically endorse the boycott. But it does express solidarity with Act on a Dream [the activist student group calling for a boycott of the Crimson], whose members want the student newspaper to apologize for seeking comment from representatives of U.S. Immigration and Customs and Enforcement in articles.

As I noted in my previous coverage of this kerfuffle, seeking comment from relevant parties is standard journalistic practice and ought to be commended. Instead, the activists have somehow convinced themselves that when The Crimson talks to ICE, it makes the campus less safe for undocumented immigrants.

“It is necessary for the Undergraduate Council to acknowledge the concerns raised by numerous groups and students on campus over the past few weeks and to recognize the validity of their expressed fear and feelings of unsafety,” the statement said.

Or, maybe, it’s necessary for student snowflakes to grow the hell up and understand that their feelings aren’t more important than the truth.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos