Have you ever wondered what would happen if you bit into a smartphone battery? Of course not, because you’re sane.
But just in case you were curious, THIS is what happens when you bite into smartphone battery:
— The Verge (@verge) January 23, 2018
We have no idea why this gentlemen in the video above thought biting into a battery was a good way to test it, but what do we know. From The Verge:
A man at an electronics store in China decided to give a smartphone battery his own litmus test by biting it. The battery ruptured and caused a small explosion. The spectacle, captured by the store’s CCTV security cameras, was uploaded to Miaopai, a Chinese video sharing platform similar to the now-defunct Vine. It has since garnered 4.69 million views.
According to Taiwan News, the man was in the store on January 19th to replace his iPhone battery. It’s not clear which store he was in, but the side of the shop has big characters that read “Professional screen change.” The man began to look closely at the battery and, to check if it was real, decided to bite down on it, triggering the explosion. Despite the fact that the blast was inches from the man’s face, and other onlookers, no one was reportedly injured.
Well, at least we finally have a replacement for those awful Tide Pod videos:
Smartphone Batteries are the new Tide Pods. https://t.co/igYEir7n0O
— Tyler Brooke (@TylerDBrooke) January 23, 2018
Make it happen, youths!
And so begins the Smartphone Challenge https://t.co/GHk0Kj0RJL
— Del Reid (@DelReid) January 23, 2018
ladies and gentlemen
the new tide pod challenge
it's biting batteries https://t.co/MfZKkAd5Ct
— Stefan Constantine (@WhatTheBit) January 23, 2018
Actually, don’t do this.