Unassigned

Prosecutor Reveals Karmelo Anthony Fantasized About Stabbing Someone and Licking Blood Off the Blade

Karmelo Anthony was found guilty on June 9 of murdering fellow high school student Austin Metcalf at a track meet in 2025 by stabbing him in the heart after being asked 15 times to leave another school's tent. Anthony was sentenced to 35 years in prison. In July, Anthony's legal team asked for a new trial, claiming the judge was biased and the jury instructions were confusing. Anthony's legal team scored what they considered a major win on Wednesday when the judge was recused from retrying Anthony.

Advertisement

Anthony is in court on Thursday to find out if he will be granted a new trial. 

However, a lot of information that was withheld in Anthony's trial under a "gentlemen's agreement" is coming out in his argument for a new trial, and it's disturbing.

… part of a documented pattern involving an obsession with knives and guns and a desire to start fights. They argue the evidence helps explain why Anthony brought a knife to the track meet where he fatally stabbed Austin Metcalf.

Jurors never heard it because both sides had an off-the-record "gentleman's agreement" to keep character evidence out of the courtroom and focus on what happened under the tent that day.

Advertisement

That's gentlemen's agreement is off, and the truth is coming out.

… according to Collin County prosecutor Bill Wirskye  who revealed at Karmelo Anthony's hearing for a new trial today.

"I'm low key on the verge," Anthony said in text the morning of the stabbing.

Wirskye says Anthony had a history of violence and wanted to stab someone.

"There is a text message where he fantasizes about stabbing someone and licking the blood off the blade," Wirkskye said of Anthony.

He was obsessed with starting fights, Wirskye added, sharing that Anthony had previously been taken to a special program at LSU for kids who can't keep their hands to themselves when he lived in Louisiana prior to moving to Texas

Oh, that's interesting. His ex-girlfriend had told school officials he was stalking her.

Advertisement

…Karmelo’s defense AGREED. I’m sure you understand why now.

But since defense attorney Mike Howard decided to air out the small incident involving “graffiti” from the twins, the prosecution did not hold much back today. That is why you are now hearing about Karmelo’s past behavior.

I hope you all understand that IF a retrial is granted, EVERYTHING - texts, behavior, history - all of Karmelo’s dirty laundry could potentially be aired.

And I promise you, it’s not good.

And people donated more than $600,000 to Anthony's legal fund because they thought he was some sort of Rosa Parks for refusing to leave the rival school's tent. They claimed it was self-defense. The jury didn't buy it. James Talarico would tell you that's because there weren't any black jurors.

We don't know yet if Anthony will be granted a new trial, so stay tuned. In our opinion, it's unlikely. Still, he has his fans outside the courthouse rooting for him, like the New Black Panthers.

Advertisement

Why? He's a murderer who fantasized about stabbing someone and then actually did it.

***