First Richmond International Airport, then Concourse D of ATL, then buildings near the Georgia state Capitol in Atlanta. Now, another high-profile evacuation this morning at Princeton University due to a bomb threat:

More from Princeton’s website:

There has been a bomb threat to multiple unspecified campus buildings. Please evacuate the campus and all University offices immediately and go home unless otherwise directed by your supervisor. Public Safety officers and Princeton Police will direct drivers leaving the campus and those without cars will be directed to evacuation sites. You will receive an update later today. Do not return to campus for any reason until advised otherwise.


The evacuation is still underway:

Regular classes are not in session and most students left campus “days or weeks ago,” according to the Princeton Twitter account.

Bomb threat? Or Jägerbomb threat?

Not everyone hit the bar:

Princeton PD tweeted that it is assisting Princeton University police.

An ABC affiliate reports:

The Princeton University Police Department is handling the investigation. The New Jersey State Police tell Action News that they are aware of the situation but are not involved at this point. The New Jersey office of the FBI is also not involved.

Info for those impacted by the evacuation:


The latest from Princeton University:

Instructions for students, faculty and staff:

Faculty and staff are directed to go home or assemble at evacuation sites as instructed, and students are directed to go into the town of Princeton, where the Nassau Inn, Princeton Public Library and Princeton Arts Council buildings are open to them.

Except for essential workers from Public Safety and the Department of Facilities, employees are not expected to return to campus for work today.

The next update is expected at 1:30 p.m.


Action News reports that the threat came from a “known caller.”

Update from Princeton at 1:35 p.m.:

Update at 2:21 p.m.:

Roads have been reopened.

A fire response is unrelated to the bomb scare, police report:

Latest update from Princeton at 2:45 p.m.:

Princeton will continue to update via its Twitter feed every 30 minutes or sooner, if warranted:

More from The Daily Princetonian:

Twitchy will monitor this developing story and update as details emerge.

Update, 8:49 p.m.:

According to Princeton’s website, no devices have been found and the campus has been re-opened.

Editor’s note: This post has been updated with additional information and tweets.