Tom Arnold wasn’t amused earlier this month when Twitchy called him out on his tweet claiming that 80 percent of gun owners shoot themselves or a family member.
Maybe he just had his statistics confused, because now, weeks later, he’s claiming that 80 percent of NRA members shoot themselves or a family member. And of course he tweets this stuff to Dana Loesch to educate her.
no wonder 80% of NRA members shoot themselves or their friends & families
— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) December 27, 2018
We weren’t aware the NRA or any federal department kept track of how many NRA members shot themselves, but, you know, if Arnold can get a cable show tracking down the Trump pee-pee tape, he can probably dig up some numbers that elude the rest of us.
Pretty sure this is bad math. https://t.co/EHwMw2sjDk
— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) December 27, 2018
— DaveinTexas (@DaveinTexas) December 27, 2018
Could've sworn they used to call that "fuzzy math".
— Snowed In (@snowed_in) December 27, 2018
Common core math
— J.D. Young (@TheBigJD55) December 27, 2018
If that were true then @TomArnold would have a lot fewer people to rage at.
— John Atchison (@atchjs) December 27, 2018
80% hard to come to grips with those numbers that would mean out of 5,000,000 plus NRA members 4,000,000 have been or their families been shot, got to call BS on those numbers
— Floyd Parkinson (@floydp75423) December 27, 2018
You know something crazy, my brother bought a pistol and it didn't jump off the table and shoot any of us…I told him to return it, that it must be defective.
— Jessica Anderson (@Jesea) December 27, 2018
We've only got four family members out of twenty left now. It's sad, true, but we save on holiday dinners and can buy each other nicer guns.
— Epic Taters (@ETaters) December 27, 2018
That statistic might be 1/1024th correct, or not.
— Me (@gmsgirl) December 27, 2018
HA HA HA! I must be in the other 20%.
— David Aubuchon (@DavidAubuchon) December 27, 2018
I have been a NRA member for more than 30 years and have never shot a single person
— Ronnie Pitcock (@ronniepitcock) December 27, 2018
I am very good friends with 30 members and none of them has ever shot anybody. So that means there are 120 other members that have a 100% success rate.
— teejk (@teejk2) December 27, 2018
68.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
— Jean Paul Zodeaux (@JeanPaulZodeaux) December 27, 2018
So the star of Beethoven’s Christmas Adventure is a complete whack job AND can’t do math? I’m shocked ?
— K Snow ❄️??♀️ (@klsnow04) December 27, 2018
He was also in “True Lies,” so …
An actual media outlet gave that guy an actual show
— Pat Mulcahy (@PatMulcahy5) December 27, 2018
Gotta love this guy, he makes my day with his eternal brilliance
— RON SZMIK (@EVNFLOW) December 27, 2018
@TomArnold 80% of what Tom says is inaccurate and the other 20% is incorrect.
— Jeanie ? (@exceptionalizm) December 27, 2018
Not bad math. It’s 100% made up which makes it a lie.
— T. F. Williams (@TaskForceLogic) December 27, 2018
It’s not bad math. It’s liberal math. Very liberal with numbers.
— ThinkDeep(R)? (@thatzaman) December 27, 2018
Tom probably got the numbers from CNN or MSNBC!!
— Gunny_Mark (@Gunny_Mark) December 27, 2018
Why is he doubling down on this stat? He used it before and got roasted! ?
— HeathersCheddar (@HeathersCheddar) December 27, 2018
Because it’s his mission to take down the NRA, and Trump … he doesn’t have time to run the numbers twice.
Fun facts with Tom Arnold: 80 percent of gun owners shoot themselves or a family member https://t.co/Y99bekVEsC
— Twitchy Team (@TwitchyTeam) December 2, 2018
To change your comments display name, click here.