Dude.

During last night’s State of the Union address, Americans were transfixed by the amazing story of Army Ranger Sgt. First Class Cory Remsburg. Remsburg, who is still recovering from his profound injuries, was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for his heroism.

But according to NBC News’ senior political editor Mark Murray, Remsburg isn’t the only hero around here. There’s someone else who’s faced unimaginable adversity:

What. The. Hell.

https://twitter.com/bccohan/status/428534869430632448

https://twitter.com/Matthops82/status/428534927324618752

https://twitter.com/NathanWurtzel/status/428535207848067072

https://twitter.com/NathanWurtzel/status/428539518611103744

Former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau sure thinks so:

He’s out of his mind.

https://twitter.com/Matthops82/status/428536534175059968

Favreau had a golden opportunity to take a mulligan on his stupid comment. He didn’t:

You’re a jackass, Favreau. Have fun with it.

Good. Guys like Favreau need a swift kick in the rear. And when you’re finished with him, maybe give Murray a helpful shove into that hole he’s busy digging for himself:

https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/428537357210775552

Exit question for the proud journo-hack:

https://twitter.com/BuffingtonJones/status/428550956385456128

***

Update:

Looks like Favreau’s trying to clean up his mess:

Except Favreau’s initial response to Murray’s Remsburg-Obama comparison was “my thoughts exactly.” So we’re gonna go ahead and call B.S. on that lame backpedaling.

• cmerlo1

And this is why we are where we are.

• Jake Wilde

Yeah it is. There is no logical thinking anymore. We need Madison and Jefferson to get us back on track but people don’t realize the great thing Cruz tried to do.

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

They won’t realize it… because the media is filled with leftist sycophants who will lie, distort, smear and demonize anyone who stands up to their march to shield progressives from reality.

This media is nothing but an ass-kissing disgrace.

The whole premise about licensing these networks was that they should serve the public good.. and any pretense of that died in 08, as they shamelessly shilled and hacked their way to that “historic” presidency.. one so mindlessly incompetent, even their lapdogs like Murray can’t hide it any more… but they keep on trying to sell that same tired sick hero worshiping crap.

• Calcat36

Deeper than that. They have the schools and are dumbing down children faster than they are aborting them.

• Jake Wilde

I just went back to finish my B.S. and it is bad. My minor in politics so far is ALL left leaning books and propaganda. I feel under duress because I either tow the line or put my neck on a chopping block.

• QueenB

With all due respect there Mark….blow me. No, really.

• NRPax

He’s gotta wash the Obama out first.

• Thom Harris

So when did Mark Murray decide that the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were not good enough to be his role models and switch to Obama. Just might give a frame of reference to fanboi’s comment.

• Aimee

What the he!! Is wrong with these “reporters”? That profession is flushing itself right down.

• CatHerder ✓fire! ✓fire!

No lie. We were held to higher standards on our high school newspaper!

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

This is what happens when “progressives” got into the editors positions, and made damn sure no reporter ever gets hired who doesn’t toe that party line.. They blacklisted anyone on the right almost entirely out of the profession, as they do in Hollywood.. academia.. once these scumbags get to powerful positions, they engage in the same blacklisting they so whined about in the 50’s when it was communists.

That was the government is their excuse now… all about diversity in skin color…… NONE in thought…….. and God help you if you’re a Professor Sowel, and black with conservative views.. then the old lily white racism they’ve hidden since the 60’s comes pouring out…

• Calcat36

Reporting died with the Cronkite era. Instead of reporting, he fully admitted to journalizing what was going on trough his liberal lens.

He told people what he was going to tell the, told them, and then told them what to think about it. Enter left wing propaganda and the withdrawal from a war we were actually winning. Look what the troops went through by the drug riddled followers here.

Look what mother sheehan was allowed to get away with.

• twolaneflash

Cronkite was no better. There was no internet to expose the liberal defeatist bastard. Walter hands were covered in the blood of American men killed in Viet Nam. There has not been a real American journalist since Ernie Pyle.

• roger gibson

I’d give ya 100 upvotes for this if I could.

• Bill Gryan

My preschool son is held to higher standards on his coloring books. I hope the word “coloring” is not racist.

• Calcat36

God bless you and DO NOT abandon him! The wolves will carry him away.

• twolaneflash

Ellsworth Toohey & his second-handers are running the media and America. Howard Roark, where are you??

• alanstorm

And these are the people who presume the ability to judge what’s important for us peons to know.

If you think things are bad now, just imagine the s#%^&pile we’d be in if we we had virtually no other news available, like back before the net.

• MindYourOwn

Guess who Jay Carrney’s replacement is going to be?

• Ray O.

Some no-name hack named Mark Murray?

• $1014973

Does it hurt when the last shred of pride leaves your body?

• thedumbblonde

“The sound you are know hearing is your dignity exiting the building.”

• Paige Jackson

I bet it gives them headaches, when their brains try to comprehend their own stupidity.

• MarcusFenix

Well, he’d have to have possessed it to lose it, right? I mean, his wife said she was never proud of America, so it might be possible to draw some conclusions from that.

• NRPax

“Dad?”
    “Yes, sweetie?”
    “What happens to Justin Bieber fans when they grow up?”
    “Well, most of them grow up, put silly things in their past and become productive citizens. Some of them keep that enthusiasm and become reporters.”
    “Ewww!”
    “Now, now; be nice dear. It’s not good to pick on them.”

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

You win the Internet for today.

• NRPax

Why thank you!

• Chuck Vipperman

So this heroic tale makes Mark Murray think of—-President Obama’s struggles. The profound struggles of a pampered rich kid who has received much of what he has (Ivy League Education, Senate seat, Nobel Prize) based on anything other than merit. Rather than making him think of the men and women who are busting their asses, sleeping on the sand and dealing with constant enemy threats, Mr. Murray’s thoughts are directed at a man who has parlayed his racial makeup into a lucrative career.

This is what we’re fighting. This is the so-called “Objective Media.” This is why Fox News is #1. This is why the Tea Party has become a formidable political force. This is why the internet is teeming with conservative bloggers and pundits. The Mainstream Media has become a collective keen-pad-wearing brigade for this clown of a President. Yet they still act as though they are the “Fourth Estate.” The Guardians of truth.

• Right4 Rebel

Great post. Right on the money.

• 66

Mark Murray means that losing your limbs is like fighting racism. Obama struggled against racism to finally beat that white peanut farmer from GA to become the WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

• Calcat36

FDR is the worst president ever. Then comes Woodrow the racist Wilson. FDR gave voice to progressives and big government, while subverting the Constitution for personal gain.

Had FDR not died, he would have moved to become what George Washington refused.

• FaithColeridge33

Pity. Stupidest tweet for 2014 has already been sent. The contest is over. These people are insane.

• ashknothole

I wish. These people are in a race to the bottom.

• ceemack

No, this one will be topped. Hard to see how, but it will.

Scary, huh?

• BoscoBolt

And meanwhile, CNN’s Alex Castellanos says that an obama speech is as good as sex for him …

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/01/28/CNNs-Castellanos-Obamas-SOTU-Speech-A-Lot-Like-Sex

• Clayton Grant

I’m sure Murray also thinks Michelle Obama’s struggles are on par with the family of Sgt. Remsburg too.

• ashknothole

Yes, that whole school lunch thing is deadly dangerous.

• Chevypowered

Man that’s some impressing whoring going on right there.

• roger gibson

Aahahahaha

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

“The other Great Disconnect in American politics: One challenge for the White House to crack is what has become one of the more interesting disconnects in American politics — an increasingly improving economy at a time when Americans are growing more pessimistic about the country’s direction.” (from Murray’s article, Chuck Todd, co-author)

Well, ain’t THAT a poke in the eye of James Carville’s “conventional wisdom”– it ain’t JUST the economy, stupid!

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

and this asshat wonders why nobody believes NBC isn’t a left wing propaganda operation..

I’ve known vets who lost limbs, and to claim Obama’s “struggles” are anything but that. is offensive. He’s been handed everything by a boot licking Murray media, had his enemies smeared, his criminal acts buried and white washed, his petty evil nature covered up..

But Murray says he’s sacrificing for us.. the ass-kissing doesn’t get any more vile than this.

This media has done nothing but make damn sure he has survived his twisted nature, and applauded him for it. Murray needs his sorry ass dragged to a VA hospital and made to repeat that line to the vets there.. let’s see if he can even feel shame.

• http://twitter.com/thetugboatphil TugboatPhil

Obama didn’t have it too hard when he approved cutting SFC Remsburg’s retirement pay.

• CatHerder ✓fire! ✓fire!

Hey, he has a pen, remember?

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

no he didn’t… and Hell will freeze over before NBC will do that story as a lead, and have an hour long report on how cowardly disgraceful it is..

The media is even more hateful than Obama, at least they are smart enough to realize what they’re doing is evil.. Obama’s not that bright. Expecting a manchild treated like a messiah since birth to see his own faults isn’t realistic… and this media should damn well know better.

“struggles”?….. oh kiss my ass Murray..

If Obama spent ten minutes inside my skin this morning, he’d shoot himself because he couldn’t endure what many of us do… and Murray thinks he’s all that because he lost New Hampshire?

Note to Murray… Obama’s still rich, will always be rich, and shielded from discomfort.. His “struggles” amount to the public.. the damned public telling his royal ass NO..

What kind of idiot would compare that to being blown halfway to Hell in combat?

• Andy Rigo ✓ᵗᵉʳʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Mark has moved up to the gold knee pads!

• Stephen L. Hall #NonquamTrump

His words are not as creepy as that starry-eyed expression on his icon.

• $92510698

What a butt sucker. Vets who have sacrificed life and limb and have been ill treated by government, cutting their meals, cutting their benefits have so much in common with the millionaire president who vacations and hob nobs with celebs.

• RobertMN

And who lies, commits fraud, and breaks the law.

• Calcat36

Nothing came easy to ozero? Really? Demand he release his grades and who funded his education. Rezco certainly made barry’s flawed dream of home ownership really easy, right?

• RobertMN

As always, it’s not who or what Obama really is (a pampered, protected prince who’s been handed everything he’s wanted — including the presidency), it’s what he represents (see the laughable Nobel Peace Prize).

• unknown

It is all a miracle

http://youtu.be/QXEoQJ7ZMZs

• PatriotRG

Can i just water board this freak – without asking him any questions ? Just waterboard him randomly for a month.

• twolaneflash

I would need just one long session to get it done.

• QueenB

Dude would puss out and tell the truth about Benghazi after about .4 seconds.

• Calcat36

Has he even been told the truth about Benghazi yet? VJ44 runs the show….

• QueenB

I’m almost sure he knows it had nothing to do with a video.

• Jack Deth

Young Mr.Murray looks like he’s been goosed.

And he LIKES it!!!

• http://lordfoggybottom.com/ BlahBlah

Well there was this time when Barack burned his little finger lighting a joint…

• Perry

These people are HILARIOUS! Well, putrid anyway.

• EndangeredNJRepub

What you gotta do is steal the well-deserved sentiments that other people earned, and somehow link those sentiments or attributes to Obama.

I understand now.

• Jeff H

Actually, Murray was right: ALL Obama stories are ultimately about Obama.

#NarcissusExtremis

• Clete Torres

Those kneepads are getting quite the workout, eh @mmurraypolitics?

• Al’s Annoyed Grandpa

I have no response to Murray’s tweet. I can’t even come up with any snark. #Dumbfounded

• Chris

I can, but it involves words and phrases that I as a Christian am not supposed to utter. Really I shouldnt think them, but when I read stuff like that, I cant help it!!!!

• MidSouthMitch

I understand.

• Steve__Jacobson

I know of nobody to whom things have come easier than Barack Hussein Obama.

• Jim

Yes, nothing has come easy for Obama…except for the exclusive private schools he went to in Hawaii, and the Harvard Law professorship that was handed to him out of college, and the best-selling autobiographies that were ghost-written for him, and the house he got in a sleazy real estate deal, and the political jobs he got because of his skin color, and…

• John Castigo

It’s tough to be Barack Obama. You people just don’t understand his trials and tribulations. (sarc off)

• spaceycakes

nobody knows
        da trouble I seen

• Calcat36

Yet he haint no ways tiiired…..

• MidSouthMitch

Well…He IS married to Michelle. He should get the Rainbow Heart for that convenient cover-up.

• Acethepug

Mark Murray, you are a narcissistic lying toolbag who has drunk deep of the Kool-Aid.

My GOD, have you no shame or decency in your fetid frame?

Obama grew up wealthy, had things (like the Presidency) HANDED to him for his skin color (largely due to so-called journalists lying and covering for him), and has been told all his life what a special snowflake he is WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING.

To compare him to a soldier who was injured in the service of this country is absolutely disgusting.

You are a reprehensible pile of refuse. I’m terribly sorry your tin god is a failure by any appreciable measure, but that’s your problem, not mine.

And you wonder why people believe the “media” is Liberal? No, you aren’t capable of that level of stupidity. Delusional, yes, but not that stupid.

Pull the other one, Murray, it plays “Jingle Bells.”

Microbe.

• $41798064

My reply to him:

“I won’t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you
    just said.”

-William F. Buckley, Jr.

• CLEmom

Unconscionable.
    Obama isn’t good enough to breathe the same air as that (or any) soldier.

• BoscoBolt

Here’s a HEADLINE about an American president that you probably never thought you’d see …

‘Obama’s high school pot dealer who he thanked for the ‘good times’ was beaten to death with a hammer by his gay lover after fights over flatulence and drugs’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547667/EXCLUSIVE-Obamas-high-school-pot-dealer-future-president-thanked-good-times-yearbook-beaten-death-gay-lover-fights-flatulence-drugs.html#ixzz2roC2o3lK

• Perry

Obama, and all his friends in Hawaii were “gay”. Obama’s sexual preference hasn’t changed one bit, he just hides it better.

• John Castigo

Speechless. Absolutely speechless. Is this honestly not the biggest example of verbal felatio the liberal media has given Obama?

• spaceycakes

hair, mud
    sh*t or blood
    Murray rides tonight

• Charles Kunold

3 points (1) When he and Chris Matthews are running of Obama’s leg to look for a nut, who get’s there first? (2) he has to wear a watch that illuminates since he has he nose so far up Obama’;s #$# that he has no idea what time it is (3) I hope he put on some bright eye lip stick when he kisses Obama’s %@$

• nickdqwk

Rush just read the tweet from Mar Murry on the air.

• Obey_Gravity

If they’re going to pay Brian Williams 16 Million Dollars a year to follow Obama around with a shovel, there’s not much chance of this dush being canned.

At least Obama didn’t pull his camera out to grab a “Selfie” to celebrate Remsberg’s moment. Remarkable restraint that.

…………..and wasn’t Ty Woods father in the audience?Might have at least given a shout out and a thumbs up in his direction ‘ya think?

• jetch

I think it’s safe to say Obama wanted people to compare him to the Remsburg. his speech writer says he saw the similarity, so don’t tell me Obama himself didn’t! plus, clearly this nbc hack gets his orders from the white house, the guy didn’t have the decency to try and take it back.
    I knew something was up when they started floating the idea that Obama was feeling defeated by the do nothing congress. Obama is nothing but calculating. he’s looking for sympathy, he screwed up with obamacare and rather than accept responsibility, he makes himself the victim whose really, really trying hard but those others won’t play along.

• in_awe

Speechwriter!?! What speechwriter? There’s no stinking speechwriter!

NBC and CBS have been showing us pictures of The Won all week long at his desk writing his own speech. [Need I remind you that Obama himself has said he writes better speeches than any speechwriter, knows politics better than any political adviser, etc.]

No, this particular piece of equivalence tripe surely sprang directly from Obama’s Walter Mittyesque pea brain. He can do anything, anytime, anywhere better than anyone else evah – now shut-up and kneel down minion.

• tacticomp

From a Chicago Thug Community Organizer whose life is laced in LIES from day1, (& who pronounce Corpsman as ‘Korps-man” lol), any press release or photo op from the Bogus POTUS is highly suspect! and should be taken with a grain of salt. A mere photo op showing this thug “writing his own speech” is Bogus as his presidency.

• Calcat36

What happened to the Lincoln comparison? And the ME-ssiah comparison? Oh wait, calculating. Spot on jetch.

• allyall

What sane, rational person would write something like this, much less share it with the world — much less continue
    to defend it? FTFY.

• Gallatin

Another example of why I haven’t gotten my news from the lame stream media for years.

• jody

hey murray turn in your journo credentials and go away. make an honest man of yourself and join your wife working for the big O.

• aztectrumpet

He had the media in his back pocket ever since he beat Hillary. Even with how inept he is, those elections still weren’t difficult with the media doing its thing for him.

• Julius500

Good to know Obama speechwriter and NBC journalist are thinking the same way.

• craigzimmerman12

More proof that NBC is objective journalism.

• Republicanvet

I sofa king hate people that try equate their minor BS with that of someone like SFC Remsburg or Greg Abbott.

Especially politicians.

What a dumb [email protected]@rd!

• MartiniShark

Brothers in arms:
    — Cory Remsburg served 10 TOD, and absorbed a roadside bomb.
    — Obama once had to sit with Bill O’Riley.

• Calcat36

Ted O’Baxter. FIFY.

• JohnnyN2O

had to picked cotton out of an aspirin bottle

• JohnnyN2O

I think @mmurraypolitics has a picture of Obama pinned to the ceiling over his bed

• Librarian

*Spits coffee out! Missed the computer!* Just like a 12 year-old girl with One Direction! What a picture, Johnny!!

• ceemack

Mark Murray should change his name to “Monica”.

• http://redstate.com/ midwestconservative

This is the kind of tweet you delete. Not write a blog post explaining it all the while doubling down on your asinine assertion.

• SpaceRacer423

I see this a little differently than NBC.
    Remsberg represents America’s perseverance,
    Obama is more like the IED, causing the great harm we must overcome.
    .
    Of course this is an imperfect comparison,
    as Sgt Remsberg’s actions were heroic and selfless while far too many of us are making no sacrifice what so ever.

• Arkuy The Great

Remsberg is perseverance in the face of adversity. Obama is the REMF taking credit for the grunts’ self-sacrifice.

• MidSouthMitch

Amen!

• Terry Novak

@mmurraypolitics You have turned in your man card, right?

• MidSouthMitch

Spot on!

• Clete Torres

It’s incredibly hard to vote “present” all those times.

• Jake Bradford

Master, Master! Will you notice me once, even for a moment?

• Charles Austin

Everything has been hard, especially the fanboi adoration from the press.

• TRONRADIO

Mr. Murray is a living, breathing moronic moron.

• H50 ✓RAT

Really get tired of these progs comparing Obama to God, the messiah and now wounded warriors.

President Stompyfoot doesn’t have a clue about any of these things and neither do his admirers.

• Whoisjohngalt666

Here’s a towel Murray, wipe yourself off. You got some spooge on your chin there. And don’t be here when your master gets outta the bathroom.

Lord, that was so dumb I swear my ears popped.

• LegalizeShemp

Yes Murray, nothing ever comes easy, except for affirmative action, that makes everything easy, especially for the unqualified people it makes things easy for.

• Bill Gryan

What was the source of Obama’s hardship? The private school in Hawaii? Not enough pot? Do tell.

• Marvin Nelson

I just threw up in my mouth upon reading this. Mark Murray has taken lapdoggery to a new low. How can he even send a tweet with his head so far up BHO’s butt? He might be the dumbest journalist on the planet to make a comment that is beyond reprehensible. We watch NBC infrequently (never for news) and will now cross them off of our viewing list permanently. Any network that employs a moron like this doesn’t deserve viewers with triple-digit IQs. So long, suckers!

• Steve Rizzle

It’s hard to grow up making up lies keeping them straight, attending school with someone who hates more than you, attend school on via affirmative action cuz your grades suck, use pot, seal your school records………..

• cscape

Unlike our “President”, Corey Remsburg didn’t “phone it in”

• cscape

i will give Murray this much…… To me, it did sound like Obama was making Corey’s story, his own….. As is his narcissistic practice, our “President” did use the pronoun “I” several times in his tribute to Corey

• Fighter Squirrel

Gag a maggot!

• pbtruth

BOTTOM LINE IS WE ARE WHERE WE ARE BECAUSE THE FOUNDING FATHERS DID NOT PUT IN THE CONSTITUTION THAT THEY WANTED AN HONEST FREE PRESS JUST A FREE PRESS. DON’T THINK THEY COULD HAVE FOR SEEN THAT THE MEDIA WOULD BE TURNED INTO A PROPAGANDA MACHINE THAT WOULD HAVE PUT JOSEPH GOEBBELS TO SHAME

• John N Gwen Bates

Mark Murray, your man crush is showing. It’s quite embarrassing…

• The Lost Dutchman

“Obama didn’t even struggle with eating a f***ing dog.”

To be fair, if the dog had been in the midst of the reproductive act, I’m sure Obama would have had a harder time eating it.

• Scott Carroll

“@philipaklein I recommend you read the column fleshing out what it means beyond the 140 character”

Well if the tweet needs more than 140 characters to explain it then it shouldn’t really be a tweet, right?

• roger gibson

My Lord. Do ppl who vomit the old “no such thing as liberal media” line ever see shit like this?
    Are you telling me that this guy works at NBCNews, at an editor’s desk? How can this be real?
    Oh, and I need to save this for the next idiot who dusts off the good old “conservatives control the media” lies.

• Perry

The good news is, no matter how hard the leftist media shills for Obama, the American people have to deal with reality, and they’re sick of both of them.

• yourmamatoo

NBC knee padder Obamabots, wonder why they have no ratings.

• marion vega

yep. you can tell. check the crazy look in the eyes

• tops116 ✓Quipper

So, the one time Obama didn’t try to make something about himself, one of the sycophants tries to do it for him? How disappointing… yet so very expected.

• Billie Slash

Its no wonder liberal women are so bitchy. If I had to put up with these slavish, butt-kissing, wussified, Obama-worshipping fools I’d be a bitch too. SMFH.

• joeymegatron

Do you think Mark Murray is 2nd in line behind Chrissy Matthews in the Obama tail kissing line, or do you think he shoves Chrissy behind him so he can be first to kiss the President’s tail?

• greg61

Serious you guys, who amongst us hasn’t 3 putted 4 holes in a row and thought, ‘I should just give up this game’, and yet Obama perseveres.

• djm1992✓𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝒹 ☭⁻ᴴ⁸ᴿ

“Obama’s ending on Remsburg wasn’t just a story about America — it also was a story about Obama. Nothing has ever come easy”

Oh good god. Obama’s whole political life has been all about “easy.”

The guy had the Chicago Tribune clear the field for his US Senate race -in both the general election AND the Democrat primary.

• Bill Gregory

Mark Murray is married to Sasha Johnson, Chief of Staff at FAA, who was appointed by the Obama Administration. End of story.

• Judy Reinhardt

Remember, NBC is the network that is letting go of Jay Leno because he is the biggest money-maker they have.

• JR48

The ONLY thing that Murray should say about this man is ‘thank you for your service’.

And then STFU.

• Billmelater

Done with NBC until they start vetting employees and fairly reporting news. They seem to want to create news.

• Obey_Gravity

Maybe Messrs Favreau and Murray could set up a round table discussion with several of O’s College Schoolmates, Childhood Friends, Teachers, and Neighbors to discuss the ‘difficulties and challenges’ he endured growing up.
    Lord knows nobody else seems to be able to find anyone that remember him.
    Would make the perfect ‘Sweeps’ ratings grabber.