Google Says Technical Issue in Google Earth Caused the Pacific Palisades to Be...
Usual Suspects Butthurt Over Creation of IRS ‘Anti-Weaponization Fund’
Ha! Judge Rules That Obnoxious Kars4Kids Jingle Must Stop Airing in California
Political Prosecution in Minnesota: ICE Agent Charged for Enforcing Immigration Law
HuffPost Accidentally Did a GREAT Job of Obliterating a Dem Talking Point on...
Anderson Cooper's Tearful, Self-Serving 60 Minutes Farewell Blown Away by ONE IMAGE
Threat 'Neutralized' After Shooting at Islamic Center of San Diego Where Children Were...
Krystal Ball Vapidly Announces That Americans Have Been the REAL Terrorists All Along
Jonathan Lemire GLORIOUSLY Debunked by HIMSELF After Claiming Trump Hasn't Been Age-Dinged...
Stacey Abrams Helpfully Points Out Why Dems Are in Freakout Mode After SCOTUS...
Go White Girl! Abigail Spanberger Getting Her Groove on Is the Most Terrifying...
All the SUCK! 'Credentialed' Press Outside Mangione's Hearing Reminds Us WHO the Left...
Shocker! NYC's Socialist Mayor Disagrees With Ronald Reagan's Classic Quote About Big Gov'...
Sharyl Attkisson Shares NEW Poll That Should Terrify Democrats (and Get Senator Thune...
DNC Celebrates Anniversary of the End of Racial Segregation (and My Irony Detector...

'HOLD UP'! WH does 'complete reversal' on civilian deaths; Time to 'apologize to Netanyahu'?

Well, well, well … isn’t this interesting:

https://twitter.com/EvanMcSan/status/517041531383844864

From Yahoo! News:

The White House has acknowledged for the first timethat strict standards President Obama imposed last year to prevent civilian deaths from U.S. drone strikes will not apply to U.S. military operations in Syria and Iraq.

A White House statement to Yahoo News confirming the looser policy came in response to questions about reports that as many as a dozen civilians, including women and young children, were killed when a Tomahawk missile struck the village of Kafr Daryan in Syria’s Idlib province on the morning of Sept. 23.

“They seem to be creating this grey zone” for the conflict, said Harold Koh, who served as the State Department’s top lawyer during President Obama’s first term. “If we’re not applying the strict rules [to prevent civilian casualties] to Syria and Iraq, then they are of relatively limited value.”

Advertisement

Now, we can of course play the “What If This Had Happened Under Bush” game:

But there’s another major double standard worth highlighting here:

July 2014:

September 2014:

What a difference a few months makes, huh?

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/zhanover/status/517046067238801409

Of course it’s OK. It’s always OK when the Obama administration does it.

Advertisement

Yep, that sounds about right.

Meanwhile:

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement