Trump Trolls Colbert with Hilarious AI Video of Throwing Him in the Dumpster
Tulsi Leaves DNI Role to Care for Husband Abraham — A Heartwarming Example...
The Snake Emerges: Adam Schiff's Heartless Jab at Tulsi Amid Her Husband's Cancer...
POPCORN! FCC Chair Brendan Carr Asks for Public Comment About ABC's 'Bona Fide...
Moan of ‘Arc’: CNN’s Kasie Hunt Has ‘Grave’ Concerns About Trump’s America 250...
Reuters Gets Shredded for Anon 'Person Familiar With the Matter' Spin on Tulsi...
Power Hungry: Wasserman Schultz Invades Majority-Black District After Redistricting Wipes...
Rep. Thanedar Slammed as Disgusting and Vile for Attacking Tulsi Gabbard While Her...
DNC's Photo Tribute to Colbert Speaks Volumes About What the Show Was REALLY...
Trump Announces Decision on Attending Don Jr.'s Wedding Amid Iran Tensions and X...
Democrats Stage Mutiny Against Schumer As Party Loses All Hope
Tulsi Gabbard Resigning as Director of National Intelligence, Trump Responds With Support
Dem Rep. Katherine Clark Tried Pushing Biden-Era BS on CNBC and Got Called...
NYT’s Disgusting Double Down: ‘Yes, Dogs Raped Palestinians’ — And It’s Your Fault...
Navy SEAL Who Took Out Osama Bin Laden Rails Against Graham Platner for...

School board votes unanimously to refuse NRA funding for JROTC program

As Twitchy reported, one of the hottest takes following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., was that the shooter had been “trained by the NRA.” Remember this front page from the New York Daily News?

Advertisement

No, Nikolas Cruz wasn’t “trained by the NRA,” but the NRA had provided funding for the school’s JROTC program. A month later, the Sun-Sentinel even reported that school “staff were so worried about his fascination with guns that they banned him from practicing shooting skills with the JROTC” 18 months before the mass shooting (another red flag that slipped past authorities).

In any case, here we are in April, and KOAT Action News reports that the Santa Fe Public Schools Board voted unanimously Tuesday night to refuse funding from the NRA for the school’s JROTC program.

KOAT reports:

School Board President Steve Carrillo said the grants total $4,000, which goes toward equipment for the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at Santa Fe High School.

Carrillo said his move was not about gun rights but about principle.

“This vote tonight is about one thing. Not about the Second Amendment, not about the firearms, but just about the district not taking NRA funds,” Carrillo said.

And what’s wrong with taking NRA funds for a JROTC program, exactly? NRATV’s Cam Edwards weighs in:

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ToddNoebel/status/981615969947746306

https://twitter.com/Iowan4rights/status/981617946274488320

We’ll guarantee other school boards will follow suit if they haven’t already.


Related:

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement