Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Malaysian government official late Friday night said it was “conclusive” that the missing Malaysian Airlines 777 had been hijacked and steered off course.
Investigators have concluded that one or more people with significant flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, switched off communication devices and steered it off-course, a Malaysian government official involved in the investigation said Saturday.
No motive has been established and no demands have been made known, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media. The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory.
“It is conclusive,” he said.
— 995mu (@995mu) March 15, 2014
"It is conclusive," says Malaysian official.
— Zach ? (@ZachGHarris) March 15, 2014
— Mark DiGirolamo (@markdigirolamo) March 15, 2014
— ©wordfromyrmom i*came*to*drop*bombs (@cbgb84) March 15, 2014
Some are unconvinced by the unnamed official’s conclusion.
Time until Malaysian official denies ever even mentioning "hijacking": 8 hours 30 minutes
— Bernard Keane (@BernardKeane) March 15, 2014
Malaysian Govt official says hijack of #MH370 is 'conclusive'. News conf with country's PM on Sky News shortly
— Kay Burley (@KayBurley) March 15, 2014