Middle Man: Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear Wants Voters to Know He’s Not the...
Irish Band U2 Release Song 'American Obituary' Honoring Renee Good
Detroit Police Officer and Sergeant Face Firing for Breaking Policy and Tipping Off...
America Owns Hockey: US Women Win OT Gold, Leave Canada Spiraling and Seething
Absentee Mom's Illegal Stay Leads to Daughter's Disney Visit Ending in 4-Month ICE...
Renee Good Memorial Burned in Fiery but Mostly Peaceful Incident
Absurd Tara Palmeri Goes Nuclear: Accuses Michael Tracey of Being Paid to Smear...
Wife of Illegal Who Killed Georgia Teacher Says What Happened, Happened
WaPo: Some Say Atlantic Story ‘Felt Misleading’ Once They Learned It Was Made...
Elmo Wishes Ramadan Mubarak to All of His Friends
Brian Stelter: ABC News Has Admirably Insulated The View From Equal Time Rules
China's 'Killer Robots' Terrify Americans on X — Until Everyone Realizes It's Just...
WaPo: Dancers Reenact Shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti in Front of...
Bodies Buried at Epstein Ranch? New Mexico Allegedly Opens Disturbing Probe
President Trump to Obama: You Just Gave Classified Info on Aliens – Big...

Mall of America tries to head off #BlackLivesMatter protests with restraining order

KARE 11 in Minneapolis reports that the Mall of America is waiting to hear from a judge on its request for a restraining order to prevent a #BlackLivesMatter protest on Dec. 23. The mall’s request for a temporary restraining order says #BlackLivesMatter has been using its Facebook and Twitter pages to organize a demonstration at the mall on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

Advertisement

Targeting commerce is not a new strategy. On Black Friday, #BlackLivesMatters demonstrators in Chicago locked arms in front of businesses along the city’s “Magnificent Mile” shopping district, physically preventing customers from entering stores. And just last week, #BlackLivesMatters marchers in New York City made stops at Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue stores to hold “die-ins.”

Advertisement

About 1,000 #BlackLivesMatter demonstrators occupied the mall last year, and Miski Noor, named in the legal filing, insists they’ll do it again.

“We’re not going to be canceling the protest. No, the people have a right to show up. We have a right to say what our message is. We have a right to speak out. And us not showing up and us not speaking would be the mall winning,” said Noor.

We’re not sure at what point the mall became “the enemy.”

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement