Detroit Police Officer and Sergeant Face Firing for Breaking Policy and Tipping Off...
America Owns Hockey: US Women Win OT Gold, Leave Canada Spiraling and Seething
Absentee Mom's Illegal Stay Leads to Daughter's Disney Visit Ending in 4-Month ICE...
Renee Good Memorial Burned in Firey but Mostly Peaceful Incident
Absurd Tara Palmeri Goes Nuclear: Accuses Michael Tracey of Being Paid to Smear...
Wife of Illegal Who Killed Georgia Teacher Says What Happened, Happened
WaPo: Some Say Atlantic Story ‘Felt Misleading’ Once They Learned It Was Made...
Elmo Wishes Ramadan Mubarak to All of His Friends
Brian Stelter: ABC News Has Admirably Insulated The View From Equal Time Rules
China's 'Killer Robots' Terrify Americans on X — Until Everyone Realizes It's Just...
WaPo: Dancers Reenact Shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti in Front of...
Bodies Buried at Epstein Ranch? New Mexico Allegedly Opens Disturbing Probe
President Trump to Obama: You Just Gave Classified Info on Aliens – Big...
'Insanity'! Here Are Some of NYC Mayor Mamdani's Spending Priorities (While Slashing the...
GOP WIN! Virginia Judge Grants Temporary Restraining Order Against Democrats' Illegal Gerr...

Washington Post reporter and 'nasty guy' shames Donald Trump into ponying up for vets

As Twitchy reported, Donald Trump on Monday night had had enough of questions about the $6 million he claimed his January campaign rally/fundraiser had raised for veterans’ charities, noting several times that he wasn’t obligated to donate anything but did anyway.

Advertisement

It was clear, though, that the critics weren’t satisfied with his claim that “much” of the $5 to $6 million raised had already been distributed. The Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold, assigned to the 2016 campaign, began a Twitter campaign to fill in the gaps in Trump’s claim, earning himself the distinction of being “really a nasty guy.”

Let’s have a look at just a few of those pleas.

Advertisement

That’s a bit more advocacy than most are used to from impartial yet dogged reporting, but it did get results, Farenthold writes:

Trump said in an interview Tuesday that he pledged the $1 million to the Marine Corps – Law Enforcement Foundation. The mogul notified the group’s chairman, retired FBI official James Kallstrom, in a phone call sometime Monday night, according to Kallstrom’s wife, Sue Kallstrom.

Trump’s call to the group came after The Washington Post and other media outlets had questioned whether Trump had actually fulfilled a vow he made in January at an Iowa fundraiser.

When asked if the Monday donation was in response to questions from the news media, Trump said: “You know, you’re a nasty guy. You’re really a nasty guy. I gave out millions of dollars that I had no obligation to do.”

In contrast, Trump in his tweets Monday had declared his personal $1 million donation “Nice!”

Advertisement

So, who’s nasty and who’s nice in this tale?

https://twitter.com/RSaunders2016/status/735230257427419136

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement