LA Times Hot Take on Spencer Pratt's 'Dark Vision' for the City Gets...
Dr. Oz Has the PERFECT Prescription for Joy Behar and the Harpies on...
UK Police Handcuff University Student Who’d Been Stabbed and Later Died After Claim...
'You Are Not Alone': Creator Behind Genius Spencer Pratt Ads Shares Latest and...
Roseanne Barr Says This Dan Bongino Post Added 15 Years to Her Life
Jasmine Crockett’s Dem Party Ditched Her for James Talarico, Now Rants About GOP...
Variety: Stephen Colbert’s Push Into Politics May Have Hurt the Late-Night Format
Report: ‘Bloodbath’ Brewing at NPR Over Federal Funding Cuts
Champagne Communist Hasan Piker Actively Lies to Broke Fans That More Taxes Will...
Seth Abramson Says the Insurrection Never Ended and the Christofascists Won't Stop
Secretary Rubio’s Spanish Video Exposes the Lie: Cuba’s Blackouts Are Made in Havana,...
Taylor Lorenz Declares DoorDash a Necessity Because Zoomers Lack 'Capacity' to Cook
The Love Fest is Over: Ganja Grandma vs. Governor Spanberger in Virginia Pot...
Sen. Patty Murray Butthurt That IRS Is Banned From Investigating Trump Over Past...
‘Bureaucratic Barriers’: LA Mayor Karen Bass Says Her Promise to End Homelessness Hit...

'You incompetent buffoon'! Brian Stelter shames Fox News for ignoring Roger Stone scoop (there's just one problem)

In case you missed it, earlier today, the DOJ was reportedly prepared to fight a judge’s sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone:

The Justice Department is preparing to change its sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone after top brass were “shocked” at the stiff prison term initially being sought, according to a senior DOJ official.

Federal prosecutors had recommended that Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentence Stone to between 87 and 108 months in prison for his conviction on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering, and making false statements to Congress on charges that stemmed from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

The department is now expected to scale that back.

“The Department finds seven to nine years extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Mr. Stone’s offenses,” the source told Fox News, adding that the DOJ will clarify its position on sentencing later Tuesday.

Advertisement

Well, CNN hall monitor Brian Stelter thought that was very important and worth covering, but he was dismayed to see that only CNN was brave enough to lead with it:

You know, for a guy who’s basically made it his job to report on what Fox News is doing, Brian Stelter sure seems unaware of what Fox News is doing.

Oops?

Well, no matter. That’s still no excuse for Fox News not running with wall-to-wall coverage of Stone’s sentencing:

Advertisement

It really is just sad at this point.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement