FCC Chair Explains Why Americans Have More Trust in Gas Station Sushi Than...
‘Beto’ Beats Ghetto: Media Makes the ‘White’ Choice by Elevating James Talarico After...
Jamie Raskin Says Imbecilic Bigot and Fanatic Randy Fine Should Resign
Brian Stelter Rains on the Left's Talking Point Parade About the FCC Banning...
California Dem Mayor's Fiancé Just Sentenced as a Chinese Spy—And He Helped Her...
'You're KIDDING, Right?' Karoline Leavitt Asked to Prove 'When Trump's Ever Been Falsely...
All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt: Mistrial Declared in Prairieland ICE Shooting...
Democrats Just Humiliated Jasmine Crockett (And She Is PISSED)
Here's What the Outside of Barack Obama's Presidential Library SHOULD Look Like
'People In Glass Houses ...' : Mehdi Hasan and Jennifer Welch Hate Scott...
Crockett Rages As Colbert's Staged Coup Comes Crashing Down
Hillary Clinton Outdid Herself With This Spin on Pic of Bill in a...
The Day the White House Wept: New Audio/Video Shows Obama and Rice in...
CNN's Kaitlan Collins Said the Quiet Part Out Loud Describing What Stephen Colbert's...
New Loophole Alert: Get Pregnant, Break Immigration Laws, Get a Free Pass from...

Kuwait scandal update: Trump reportedly tries to dodge press by sneaking out to party held three nights earlier

Real news alert:

There were rumblings of a major Trump scandal back in December, when ThinkProgress broke the news that members of the president-elect’s team had pressured the Embassy of Kuwait to cancel its existing plans for its National Day celebration and rebook the event at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Advertisement

Other outlets picked up on the story, but it died pretty quickly when Kuwait’s ambassador said no one had been in contact with him, and he simply thought “it would be exciting for our guests to see a new venue.”

The original date of the event was Feb. 25 — tonight! — and Judd Legum of ThinkProgress hadn’t forgotten about the story, particularly after Reuters revived it earlier in the day.

Not to mention, the president’s motorcade took off without notice Saturday night and ended up at the hotel. Legum’s Twitter thread, in short, went like this:

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/835675939786866689

Trump didn’t allow press inside the hotel, a fact which is now serving as Backup Scandal No. 1 (it’s a federal building on lease from the government), but pictures from inside showed the president dining with his daughter and a few others.

Here’s something reporters might want to look at before running with the Kuwait scandal.

Advertisement

So, what Kate Bennett is saying is that Trump set up an entirely separate decoy party earlier in the week to throw off the press … right?

https://twitter.com/digiphile/status/835681725296541701

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/digiphile/status/835686314041311233

https://twitter.com/digiphile/status/835687865082396672

So, it’s the fault of Reuters and NPR for misreporting … what? Neither the party nor dinner out would have interested the press if it hadn’t been for the promise of a reported scandal coming true.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement