Life is hard when you’re Matt Yglesias. You just can’t write stupid stuff and expect to get away with it anymore!
Yglesias is indeed in a foul mood, thanks to a delicious piece in The Federalist by CJ Ciaramella:
Here are the opening lines:
All aspiring writers should read Slate’s Matt Yglesias. There’s no better way to stress the importance of not writing like Matt Yglesias.
Yglesias is Slate’s business and economics blogger, but his real utility is providing teachable moments for would-be opinion writers and high-level ESL students.
Feel the burn. We highly recommend reading the entire thing. Yglesias, naturally, would advise against it. After all, what’s the point of The Federalist? Aren’t there enough conservative sites out there already?
Sad trombone, you guys.
Oh, snap! So true. Yglesias alone has provided conservatives with a never-ending supply of mockery fodder. Here’s just a small sampling from the gold mine:
- Matt Yglesias: Is Bobby Jindal’s rep for intelligence just ‘ethnic stereotyping?’
- Ace lowers the derp-hammer on Matt Yglesias school of ‘lulz’ journalism
- Econo-genius Matt Yglesias: In business, taxes are ‘irrelevant to pricing’
- ‘Bigot, much?’: Douchey Matt Yglesias tweet prompts accusations of anti-Semitism
- ‘I just busted a nut’: Ace and friends gloriously mock Matt Yglesias’ hilarious Obamacare fail
- ‘Dewey defeats Truman!’ Tweeters pay tribute to Matt Yglesias’ impressive psychic abilities
- ‘Juicebox Lenin’: Matt Yglesias doesn’t think ‘people’s’ should get to keep their plan; Updated
- Oh dear! John Kerry crush inspires Matt Yglesias’ most sidesplitting tweet yet?
And there’s much, much more where that came from. The well truly is bottomless!
It’s definitely possible that Yglesias is fully aware that he sucks and just prefers to deny, deny, deny. It’s also possible that he’s just really, really dense. In either scenario, he looks like a tool.