Twitchy.com launched nine days ago, and we‚Äôve been overwhelmed by your readership and positive response. Our motto is: ‚ÄúIf it‚Äôs news, we‚Äôre on it. If it should be news we‚Äôre ahead of it.‚ÄĚ And the Twitchy team has delivered. Here‚Äôs a quick rundown of some of our top scoops:
- At 3:01 am ET on the morning of our launch, March 7, Twitchy posted this story about the Joseph Kony viral video. Huffpo followed at 9:41 am, Washington Post¬†at 11:49 am, and CNN¬†at 1:03 pm. This story has received widespread MSM coverage in the days since.
- Yesterday at 11:02 am ET, Twitchy posted about the twitter spat between football players Jeremy Shockey and Amani Toomer.¬† The Star-Ledger was on the story just five minutes later, at 11:07 am. AOL Sporting News had it at 11:19 am. Yahoo! Sports followed up at 11:38 am.
- Yesterday, Twitchy posted this story at 1:25 pm ET about DeSean Jackson‚Äôs guarantee that his team, the Philadelphia Eagles, will win the Super Bowl within the next five years. The Philadelphia Inquirer followed at 2:05 pm, CBS Sports¬† at 6:40 pm, USA Today late last night.
Twitchy has published many stories that have been completely overlooked by the MSM:
- this story about Cher‚Äôs Twitter rampage, which resulted in our first Drudge link;
- this story about Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley‚Äôs mis-tweets;
- this story about the #DJBreitbart tweet-a-thon;
- this story about Twitter user @Mermaz‚Äôs research into CNN anchor Soledad O‚ÄôBrien‚Äôs Derrick Bell love tweets;
- various hashtag roundups (see, for example, here, here, here, and here);
- and many more!
Our Android App is getting good reviews, and our iPhone app is coming soon. Keep visiting Twitchy early and often, and make sure to tell your friends.