Twitchy.com launched nine days ago, and we’ve been overwhelmed by your readership and positive response. Our motto is: “If it’s news, we’re on it. If it should be news we’re ahead of it.” And the Twitchy team has delivered. Here’s a quick rundown of some of our top scoops:
- At 3:01 am ET on the morning of our launch, March 7, Twitchy posted this story about the Joseph Kony viral video. Huffpo followed at 9:41 am, Washington Post at 11:49 am, and CNN at 1:03 pm. This story has received widespread MSM coverage in the days since.
- Yesterday at 11:02 am ET, Twitchy posted about the twitter spat between football players Jeremy Shockey and Amani Toomer. The Star-Ledger was on the story just five minutes later, at 11:07 am. AOL Sporting News had it at 11:19 am. Yahoo! Sports followed up at 11:38 am.
- Yesterday, Twitchy posted this story at 1:25 pm ET about DeSean Jackson’s guarantee that his team, the Philadelphia Eagles, will win the Super Bowl within the next five years. The Philadelphia Inquirer followed at 2:05 pm, CBS Sports at 6:40 pm, USA Today late last night.
Twitchy has published many stories that have been completely overlooked by the MSM:
- this story about Cher’s Twitter rampage, which resulted in our first Drudge link;
- this story about Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley’s mis-tweets;
- this story about the #DJBreitbart tweet-a-thon;
- this story about Twitter user @Mermaz’s research into CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien’s Derrick Bell love tweets;
- various hashtag roundups (see, for example, here, here, here, and here);
- and many more!
Our Android App is getting good reviews, and our iPhone app is coming soon. Keep visiting Twitchy early and often, and make sure to tell your friends.
To change your comments display name, click here.