After Twitchy reported recent assassination threats against GOP nominee Mitt Romney, many readers notified the Secret Service via Twitter. But the Secret Service is letting the Twitterverse know that it prefers people report threatening tweets directly to state field offices.
Actually, no. It means all threats handled by the Secret Service. And plenty of them come from oh-so-tolerant lefties:
- #FUCKROMNEY: Hate and death threats greet Romney’s RNC speech
- Twitter user threatens to assassinate Mitt Romney
- Conservatives chronicle Romney death threats, face false reports
- Death threats against Mitt Romney proliferate
- Post-presidential debate, Obama supporters renew vows to murder Mitt Romney