According to a new report out this morning from Yahoo News, Donald Trump has invited Patricia Smith — whose son was killed in the 2012 terror attack in Benghazi — to attend the third and final presidential debate in Las Vegas on Wednesday:

“This will be ugly” says the totally independent producer from MSNBC.

An excerpt from Yahoo:

Donald Trump invited the mother of a Benghazi victim to sit in a prominent position at the next debate.

Pat Smith, the mother of a State Department IT consultant who was killed in the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attacks, is planning to accept the Republican nominee’s invitation to the debate, which will be held Wednesday night in Las Vegas.

During a Monday interview at her home in San Diego, Smith told Yahoo News that the Trump campaign reached out to her earlier that day and invited her to the debate. The Trump campaign confirmed the invitation.

If you recall, Ms. Smith gave a powerful speech at the RNC in Cleveland back in July when she said that she blames “Hillary Clinton personally for the death” of her son:

***

Related:

‘I blame Hillary Clinton!’ At RNC, mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith pulls no punches

PolitiFact examines Patricia Smith’s RNC speech; Would Hillary’s claim have been an ‘intentional lie’?