Now that Hillary Clinton has blamed her collapse at the 9/11 memorial today on complications from pneumonia — which she kept hidden from America — here are 10 of the hottest hot-takes we’ve seen so far helping to spin for the Democratic nominee.
1. Variety’s Kristopher Tapley thinks it will make her eventual win “awesome”:
— Kristopher Tapley (@kristapley) September 11, 2016
2. Upworthy’s Parke Molloy thinks it’s OK she kept it a secret:
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) September 11, 2016
3. Former Al Jazeera host Wajahat Ali blames the “right wing”:
Glad we have Twitter and right-wing investigating important matters like Pneumonia-Gate. #HillarysHealth
— Wajahat Ali (@WajahatAli) September 11, 2016
4. Feminist Laurenn McCubbin wants her to infect Donald Trump:
Now I want Clinton to go find Trump & lick his eyeball. See who recovers from pneumonia first.
— Laurenn McCubbin (@laurennmcc) September 11, 2016
5. Comedian Sara Benincasa thinks it’s the consequence of being a “busy” woman:
Here's who gets pneumonia a lot
c.) busy women who don't have the luxury of rest
e.) all of the above
— Sara Benincasa (@SaraJBenincasa) September 11, 2016
6. Actor James Morrison thinks it’s no big deal:
Maybe I'm just sane, but it wouldn't concern me if Trump had pneumonia. I've had it myself. Speaking of sane, it concerns me that he's not.
— James Morrison (@JamesPMorrison) September 11, 2016
7. Engadget’s Devindra Hardawar thinks it’s a “witch hunt”:
@howradisit It's pneumonia, not a big deal. But continue along with your witch hunt
— Devindra Hardawar (@Devindra) September 11, 2016
8. Jet’s Raymond Sultan plays the Hitler card:
gosh, hillary clinton has pneumonia, i should probably vote for the reincarnation of hitler
— Ray (@RaymondSultan) September 11, 2016
9. Journalism professor Dan Kennedy blames the media:
Let us ponder the dysfunctional media and political system that would lead Clinton to keep quiet about her pneumonia. cc @Will_Bunch
— Dan Kennedy (@dankennedy_nu) September 11, 2016
10. And our favorite is from Business Insider’s Josh Barro — it’s “humanizing”!
It shows her doing her best to grit her teeth and work hard even with pneumonia. And it's humanizing, relatable.
— Josh Barro (@jbarro) September 11, 2016