The “smartest thinkers” at Vox have a new piece up on journalist Anita Sarkeesian and the “horrifying” abuse she’s received from Tweeters angry at her #Gamergate reporting:
It’s horrifying because this has been happening to Sarkeesian, and many other women, for months — years — and nothing has changed.
Yes, it is “horrifying,” but let’s remember that this is not a phenomenon specific to liberal writers and that conservative women on Twitter get more than their fair share of abuse. For example…
Townhall’s Katie Pavlich:
And Dana Loesch:
Ha! Yes, Twitter trolls usually have problems spelling things correctly, too.
And Twitchy has been posting for years now on the hate directed at conservative women. When will they be featured in Vox?
- Michelle Malkin calls out double standard in outrage over sexist attacks on female journos
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck makes devastating Benghazi point; HuffPo lies, libs spew foul misogyny
- Exposed: Death-wish Democrat official Allan Brauer’s long history of online hate, misogyny & GOP kid-bashing
- Weaponized misogyny, literally; Bob Beckel: ‘If I was Juan Williams, I’d wake up next to Michelle Malkin with a shotgun’
- Monica Crowley makes Fluke joke, Left responds with vile slurs as usual
- Silencing women: Woman-hating Media Matters lies about Michelle Malkin, Left responds with sexist attacks
- Obama’s ‘Million Dollar Man’ Bill Maher attacks Bristol Palin again
- ‘Rush Babes for America’ surpasses NOW’s followers, Left responds with misogyny
- No Bullying? Unless it is aimed at Bristol Palin: ‘someone needs to kill Bristol palin stupid ass lil CUNT’
- War on women: S.C. AFL-CIO President violently smashing Nikki Haley effigy, no regrets; Update: I stand with Haley
- Weaponized misogyny: Hustler punishes S.E. Cupp for pro-life views with explicit fake image
- Calls for NOW to condemn misogynist attack against S.E. Cupp fall on deaf ears; Women need NOW like fish need bicycles
- Roseanne Barr: Defending S.E. Cupp is more disgusting than Photoshopping a penis in her mouth
- Feminism? Amanda Marcotte can’t handle the truth, calls Michelle Malkin ‘brutish and stupid’
- Sarah Palin honors D-Day, congratulates Gov. Walker, Lt. Gov. Kleefisch; Left hurls sexist insults
- ‘Just a blogger’ Michelle Malkin vs. ‘real journalist’ David Shuster; Sexist Shuster scores less than zero
- ‘Shut that Jan Brewer bitch up’: Left targets Arizona governor with vile slurs after SCOTUS immigration ruling
- Bam! Mary Katharine Ham slams Obamacare in one tweet (Bonus: Takes sexist Twitter troll to task)
So to Vox we say, “welcome to the party, pal.” But maybe a little outrage at libs is in order before you single out the idiots who are tweeting nasty stuff to Anita Sarkeesian.