White supremacist gangs? Murdering people in Texas? With guns?!! That sounds like a story right up the MSM’s alley. And indeed it was:
- “Texas manhunt for DA’s killer eyes possible Aryan Brotherhood link”
- “White supremacist group possibly involved in slaying of Texas DA”
- “Suspicion in DA Murder Shifts to Aryan Brotherhood”
- “Texas DA death suggests simmering neo-Nazi war could be boiling over”
- “The White Supremacist Group That May Be Targeting Law Enforcement For Revenge”
Thank goodness for Twitter, where at least a few folks believe an investigation should precede a declaration of guilt.
@msnbc or maybe Mexican drug cartels! Or maybe even Martians! How about going and getting facts…like a news service.
— Dustan Hogue (@hogue_dustan) April 2, 2013
Why wait for an objective investigation when you’ve got the hate-spewing Southern Poverty Law Center on the case?
[VIDEO] Mark Potok provides insight into Aryan Brotherhood of Texas-probed in killing of Texas district attorney/wife http://t.co/m0c3iJlZXI
— Hatewatch (@Hatewatch) April 2, 2013
Too bad the sordid truth had to come out and ruin all that lovely speculation.
— Hypno Jive (@hypnonon) April 15, 2013
Unless there's something inherently racist about a guy shooting 3 people over some stolen monitors. With the SPLC, you never know.
— Moe Lane (@moelane) April 14, 2013
No worries, though. The story is now “local crime,” which as we all know, can be properly ignored.
The Other McCain, “How the Left’s Online Meme Machine Helped Create a Murder Myth in Texas“