Google Wants to Control What You Read, What You Think, and Even How...
Drew Holden Takes Our Pals in the Media to TASK for Pathetic COVID...
AOC Lets the Mask SLIP in UNHINGED, Angry Rant at Republicans for DEFENDING...
Bidenomics, Baby! Economic Growth Slowed Significantly in First Quarter
Megyn Kelly Spots 'Perfect Embodiment of the Biden Presidency' in WH Transcript Sleight...
Sparks Fly in CNN After Guest Defends Radical Students Who Love Hamas
Chris Hayes' GLIB Attempt to Explain Deleting 'Glib Post' About Ntl. Guard Shooting...
Susan Sarandon Confronted for Claiming Oct 7th Atrocities/Rapes a Myth, Tries BOLTING But...
Team Biden Stomps on a Rake During Attempt to Mock Trump for Not...
BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein 2020 Rape Conviction OVERTURNED by NY's Highest Court and WTF
Weirdie Fixated on Barron Trump HUMILIATED for Whining About Trump's Team NOT Tipping...
POPCORN: Roseanne's Son Jake Pentland Defends His Mom and Hands Tom Arnold His...
Just When We Thought 'Drag Queen Story Hour' Couldn't POSSIBLY Get Any More...
Hillary Clinton Spreads Rachel Maddow's Story of Ending Lunch Breaks for Child Workers
Poll Shows the Democrat Base Is Unmarried Women

CAIR, students call for FBI investigation into 'lynching' of Muslim teen after FBI determines it wasn't murder

It might seem like a “small” story, but the fact that it so closely follows the arc of a similar incident last summer is both frustrating and sad; so much for post-racial America.

As Twitchy reported, word spread on social media of a lynching in Washington State after an 18-year-old black Muslim man was found dead in a wooded area near his home. Ben Keita’s death was initially ruled a suicide, but the cause of death was changed to “undetermined,” reportedly under pressure from Keita’s family.

Still, the suspicion of lynching took root. Check out, for example, how the story currently appears at the International Business Times, complete with “related” video that cites the SPLC exclusively:

screen-shot-2017-03-09-at-7-11-58-pm

Actually, the FBI did not investigate; rather, it agreed to review the medical examiner’s findings and found no evidence of any criminal activity, though it left open the option of an investigation were new evidence to appear. Follow-up on the story in the media was practically nonexistent.

https://twitter.com/MarionLucas52/status/839325498664763392

Still, nearly a week after the FBI agreed there was no criminal activity, the University of Washington’s Black Student Union and Somali Student Association held a vigil and called for a full FBI investigation.

The university’s student newspaper reported Wednesday on the vigil:

[Washington Council on American-Islamic Relations executive director Arsalan] Bukhari requested everyone to follow CAIR’s lead and publicly call for FBI involvement and mention why their community is affected by this, whether they are a Muslim or an ally. He also encouraged anyone with information about Keita’s death to contact the police or the FBI Seattle office.

“We are here to make sure Muslim rights are defended,” Bukhari said.

https://twitter.com/HassanPRG/status/839315897000996865

“Amazing.”

* * *

Related:

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos