CTV News is reporting Wednesday evening that national security officials managed to thwart a suicide bombing plot by a lone male suspect linked to ISIS. Some early reports said the suspect had been killed, but those have been corrected.
“A suspect was identified and the proper course of action has been taken to ensure that there is no danger to the public’s safety,” said the RCMP in a statement.
Canadian suicide bomber in custody in #Canada, not dead. @CTVNews believe affiliated with #ISIS. Plan to detonate IED in major Canadian city
— Jon Williams (@WilliamsJon) August 11, 2016
CTV: Canadian police detain ISIS-linked man in alleged suicide bomb plot on major city https://t.co/xhoR0ycAmV
— Jon Passantino (@passantino) August 11, 2016
#BREAKING RCMP say suspect identified and the "proper course of action has been taken to ensure there is no danger to the public's safety"
— Mercedes Stephenson (@CTVMercedes) August 10, 2016
Neither the suspect nor the city he was allegedly targeting has been named, but the RCMP said it received credible information of a potential terrorist threat, in which the suspect planned to use an IED to carry out a suicide bombing mission in a major Canadian city with the goal of creating mass casualties.
For all the Canadian SJWs that think an ISIS attack will never happen in Canada. Only a matter of time now #Cdnpoli pic.twitter.com/J1sFvWYDex
— Politics In Memes (@politicsinmemes) August 11, 2016
To change your comments display name, click here.