The cable news networks Saturday aired a moving speech by Rep. John Lewis at the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday in Selma, Ala., ostensibly as they waited for the “headliner,” President Obama, to take the podium and deliver his address. Some might say it should have been the other way around; Lewis spoke from an experience that Obama never had — something made clear by Lewis’ Twitter account, which enhanced his speech with photos from the time.
- Here it is: CNN co-host reminds us of the REAL tragedy if the Jussie Smollet attack was a hoax
- Bold move: Journalist says Booker's, Harris's Jussie Smollett tweets were 'completely acceptable responses'
- Hey Brit Hume, there's a super-important backstory to those journos helping Kamala Harris pick out clothes
- Cameron Gray collects a ton of tweets on the alleged Jussie Smollett attack that might not age well
- Top Amazon official name-checks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in decision not to locate in Queens