As Twitchy reported this week, investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson has published a fascinating piece in this week’s Daily Signal on Hillary Clinton aide Cheryl Mills and her long career of “document sifting” for her boss. Attkisson speaks extensively on camera to whistleblower Sonya Gilliam, who was responsible for Commerce Department responses to Freedom of Information Act requests during the Clinton administration.
To Sonya Gilliam, a recent account of improper sorting of Benghazi-related documents at the State Department brought back vivid memories of her own encounters with high-level government officials who withheld, deleted or destroyed public records.
And one name stood out for its familiarity: Cheryl Mills.
A former deputy assistant secretary of state had told The Daily Signal that Mills was present during an after-hours document operation in a basement room of the State Department in October 2012. Mills was chief of staff to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Before the Clinton administration, Gilliam says, it had not been common practice to send non-White House documents to the White House for approval of their release.
“I was amazed and just really gobsmacked when I saw the White House involved to the extent it was,” Gilliam says. In 2000, she finally blew the whistle on behalf of Judicial Watch, which was suing Commerce for the documents.
Attkisson concludes her piece with a “A Medley of Missing Documents Through the Years,” running from 1988 through just last week. How many of these do you remember?
- Missing: Hillary Clinton S&L Records
- Missing: Clinton Counsel’s Foster Records
- Missing: Clinton Counsel’s Foster Suicide Note
- Missing: Hillary Clinton Law Firm Records
- Missing: Bush Administration Energy Emails
- Missing: Clinton Terrorism Documents
- Missing: Bush Administration ‘Torture’ Documents
- Missing: Millions of Bush Administration Emails
- Lost and Found: Katrina Conference Call Transcript
- Missing: Bush Administration’s Abramoff Emails
- Missing: Bush Administration Political Emails
- Missing: Bush Administration Interrogation Video
- Withheld: Obama Administration ‘Fast and Furious’ Documents
- Missing: Obama State Department Records
- Missing: Obama Administration IRS Emails
- Missing: Obama HealthCare.gov Records
- Missing: Obama EPA Records
- Missing: Hillary Clinton Benghazi Documents
- Missing: Obama EPA Text Messages
* * *