It’s not often — never, really — that we agree with Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, but we’d really like to see an exhaustive federal review of the so-called #NAACPBombing to determine if a hate crime was committed. The Colorado Springs Gazette reported this morning that the FBI is already on the scene “exploring all possibilities of potential motive,” from a hate crime to domestic terrorism.
Yesterday, as #NAACPBombing was trending around the world, an employee of a hair salon which shares the building with the NAACP office confirmed that the “bomber” positioned his explosive device in the back of the building, some distance away from the entryways of both Mr. G’s and the NAACP office.
Fortunately, no one was hurt.
St. Louis alderman Antonio French told PBS that he was “kind of shocked that there wasn’t that much on mainstream television” regarding the blast.
He might not count as mainstream television, but MSNBC’s Chris Hayes did mention the event on his show, “All In,” as did CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
While some might be disappointed by the amount of primetime cable news coverage the incident has received, a Twitchy noted, here are just a few stories published:
- FBI investigating explosion outside NAACP office in Colorado
- Colorado explosion could be a hate crime, NAACP official says
- Colorado Springs explosion recalls violence against NAACP
- “Improvised explosive device” set off near Colorado Springs NAACP office
- Bomb explodes outside NAACP office in Colorado
- ‘Bomb’ explodes outside the NAACP office in Colorado sparking FBI search for ‘balding white man in his 40s’
- Man sought after IED detonates outside NAACP building
- Bomb explodes near Colorado Springs NAACP office
- FBI seeks man after explosion near Colorado NAACP chapter
- A Bomb Went Off Outside a Colorado NAACP Office on Tuesday
- Blast Near Colorado Springs NAACP Chapter: Police
- Bomb explodes outside NAACP building in Colorado Springs
- FBI investigating explosion outside Colo. NAACP branch
Hopefully the results of the FBI’s investigation into the #NAACPBombing will receive at least equal coverage.
To change your comments display name, click here.