Bingo. As Obamacare turns 3, binders full of moochers are once again taking to Twitter to thank Obama for lady pills. Now, Debbie Wasserman Schultz enters the absurd mix. Wasserman Schultz, who just claimed her staffers are near starving due to Sequesterpocalygeddon, took to Twitter this afternoon to thank Obamacare as a “step forward in driving down health care costs.”
Oh, honey. Just precious!
Twitter users swiftly correct her. Words, like math, are hard. “Down”? Try “up,” Debbie.
@DWStweets Are you on crack? Premiums have more than doubled.
— Get Off My Lawn (@javaguysammckee) March 23, 2013
.@DWStweets 3 years ago I didn't have to pay for the morning after abortion pill.
— Hair (@SHannitysHair) March 23, 2013
@DWStweets Don't you mean driving UP healthcare costs?
— Ministry of Tooth (@OfTooth) March 23, 2013
@DWStweets my health care cost rose over $200 a month 3rd increase in 3 yrs. YAY! ACA WAS SUPPOSED TO LOWER COSTS! Why are they higher now?
— KJHobs (@Kjhobbs1985) March 23, 2013
@DWStweets Then why is the average premium increasing by $2500? Why are medical care costs more now? #SheepGotFooled
— YeahMe ♫♪ (@RichbroMe) March 23, 2013
@DWStweets my premiums have gone up every year so who got the cost reduction? Not the middle class
— Rick Peeso (@RPeeso) March 23, 2013
@DWStweets really? Why have mine gone and are projected to go up 20-100% next year?
— Michael O'Hanlon (@Susurrate1) March 23, 2013
If Ms. Wasserman Schultz simply took a quick look at Twitter, she’d see that the above Twitter users aren’t alone.
@cspanwj Health insurance at my work went up 15%+. So much for affordable. We need to vote Dem's out of power.
— John D (@pajohn1934) March 23, 2013
Obamacare doesn't kick in until next Jan 2014, but it's already kicking my wallets ass, my family health insurance just increased by 40% mo.
— SJ Stewart (@floridastew) March 23, 2013
By the way, my health insurance went up! #Obamacare sucks…
— Brent Olson (@BrentOlson01) March 23, 2013
#Obamacare My Health insurance cost increased 25% because of the Affordable care act
— Russell A Leach (@Russell_Leach) March 23, 2013
Health insurance just went up 12%. Thanks, health care reform!
— Todd White (@twhitewh) March 22, 2013
Thanks, ACA? Try again, Wasserman Schultz. Since we are givers, here is some quick reading to get you up to speed. We know you can’t read a bill before passing it, but perhaps you will lower yourself to read about the effects after it has been passed. It’s not like you can read the 20,000 pages (and counting) of regulations,
- Ted Cruz: Has the cost of your health insurance increased? Citizens: My premium skyrocketed
- #DefundObamacare: Sen. Ted Cruz takes the fight to defund Obamacare to Twitter
- Put on your shocked face: Health insurance companies warn premiums could ‘increase sharply’
- Funniest tweet of the day: Donna Brazile has ‘no good answer’ to explain ‘why my premium jumped up’
- Bless her heart: Donna Brazile blames ‘price gauging’ not Obamacare for rising premiums
- Balanced approach: Health insurance premiums skyrocket as payroll taxes climb
- Ho-ho-hope and change: Health insurance premiums skyrocket just in time for Christmas
- You can keep your plan … if you pay way more; FSA cap cut, ‘my health insurance premium at work going up’
To change your comments display name, click here.