In an explosive new report, Fox News’ national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin reports that a team of CIA officers requested help when they heard shots fired on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. They requested military backup three times, and three times, their requests were denied:

Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were part of a small team who were at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When they heard the shots fired, they radioed to inform their higher-ups to tell them what they were hearing. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. An hour later, they called again to headquarters and were again told to “stand down.”

Woods and Doherty, who were ultimately killed in the attacks, bravely defied the order to stand down and risked their lives to get to the Consulate:

Woods, Doherty and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

Absolutely unbelievable. Griffin goes on to explain that U.S. forces had multiple opportunities to take action and were repeatedly told to do nothing. Officials at the White House, State Department, and the Pentagon had more than ample evidence that the Consulate was under attack, yet they did nothing.

Twitterers are outraged and sickened:

And what does the lapdog media have to say about this?


Four Americans are dead because high-ranking officials in our government exhibited both gross incompetence and willful negligence. Four Americans are dead because they were denied protection by the very government they swore to serve and defend.

The responsibility for these four brave men’s deaths rests squarely with the Obama Administration.

Honor the memories of the men murdered in Benghazi. Remember in November.


Click here for Twitchy’s full Benghazigate coverage.