As chronicled at Twitchy, Obama supporters’ explicit death threats targeting Mitt Romney have proliferated since he accepted the GOP presidential nomination.
- #FUCKROMNEY: Hate and death threats greet Romney’s RNC speech
- Twitter user threatens to assassinate Mitt Romney
- Conservatives chronicle Romney death threats, face false reports
- Death threats against Mitt Romney proliferate
- Post-presidential debate, Obama supporters renew vows to murder Mitt Romney
Twitchy readers have been bringing these threatening tweets to the attention of Secret Service, but many of the Twitter users who threatened Mitt Romney are still actively tweeting. The Weekly Standard contacted the Secret Service to see if the assassination threats are being addressed.
“The Secret Service is aware of this and will conduct appropriate follow up if necessary,” Brian Leary, a spokesman for the United States Secret Service, says in an email.
Some Twitter users think the Secret Service may not be doing enough. They believe there’s no question about whether follow up is necessary.
Meanwhile, the Left side of the Twittersphere thinks the Secret Service should focus on super serious threats, like Tagg Romney telling a radio host he wanted to “take a swing” at President Obama during Tuesday night’s debate.
Actual death threats against Mitt Romney? No biggie. Romney’s son expressing his annoyance in an offhand remark? Terrorist! Lock him up!
To change your comments display name, click here.