Dem Abdul El-Sayed Panders to Black Voters by Claiming He’s African Since His...
Jessica Tarlov Says Vindman’s Defeat Signals End of Dem ‘Superheroes’ of Trump’s First...
Indecision 2028: Reporter Stumps Dem Gov. Gavin Newsom With ‘Would You Be a...
UK 'Asylum-Seekers' Being Handed Booklets Teaching Them That Women Are for More Than...
Bill Kristol: It’s Perfectly Legitimate to Ask What Job Natalie Harp Is Doing...
Diminutive Commie Cut Down to Size: Scott Bessent Takes Robert Reich Down a...
Maggie Haberman Calls Trump Aide Natalie Harp a ‘Human Binkie’
Judge Blocks Trump Administration's Plan to Move FBI Out of Hoover Building
“Tails Between Their Legs: Harry and Meghan’s Shock Move Back to the UK...
Trump Administration Cuts $3 Billion in Refundable Tax Credits for Illegal Aliens
NYT Speaks With Six People to Find Out What 'Sylphlike' Natalie Harp Actually...
Moderation Operation: Is Dem Jessica Tarlov AOC’s One-Woman PR Rep? Sure Seems Like...
Abdul El-Sayed Notes That Jesus Was Considered a Radical in His Time Too
Florida Squeeze: MS NOW’s Morning Joe Crew Fawn Over Latest Democrat DSA Darling...
Daily Beast and Rosie O'Donnell Think an Iranian Assassination Plot Is Enough to...

State Dept: Hey, actually, that Iran Deal presser video WAS edited! (We just don't know who did it or care why) [video]

Advertisement

That’s an excellent question.

Earlier last month, Fox News’ James Rosen claimed that the State Department edited a video from December 2013 to remove his question to Jen Psaki about the Iran Deal:

In that exchange, Rosen asked if it’s ever the policy of the department to lie in order to preserve secrecy, and she seemed to agree.

“James, I think there are times where diplomacy needs privacy in order to progress. This is a good example of that,” Psaki replied.

The State Department’s explanation for the missing-then-restored video segment? A “glitch.”

But it seems they were just pulling our legs:

https://twitter.com/TPCarney/status/738095540639039489

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738096543006392320

Like they do:

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738088509081292800

Advertisement

More from the Washington Examiner:

The State Department admitted Wednesday that a 2013 press briefing video was purposefully altered to remove a portion of a discussion about the Iran nuclear talks, after an unknown State Department official asked that it be edited out.

Spokesman John Kirby’s announcement contradicted the position held by the department for the last three weeks, during which officials said the video was missing because of a “glitch.”

But Kirby said officials didn’t know who asked for the video to be edited, and said the department is unlikely to investigate further into who wanted the video to be edited.

Of course! No need for any further investigation here. No sirree.

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738085612658544640

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738085947640795136

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738086122799136772

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738086235533651973

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738086756143226881

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738086862636654592

https://twitter.com/cerenomri/status/738087205407707137

Nothing to see here!

Just carry on and pretend as if nothing ever happened.

https://twitter.com/MattCover/status/738096458491006976

https://twitter.com/bcurleymbs/status/738097248618356736

Editor’s note: This post has been updated with video.

***

Update:

The plot thickens: Former State Dept spox Jen Psaki denies knowing anything about that edited video

***

Related:

Gone in a flash: James Rosen reports his Iran deal question was excised from archives

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement