Many of us were waiting with bated breath for MSNBC jerk Touré to follow up on his sickening tweet linking Holocaust survival to the “power of whiteness.” Would he apologize? Admit he was wrong?

Today, we finally got our answer:

So, in other words, Touré’s argument was too “nuanced” for us? “Power of whiteness” was “shorthand”?

Oy vey. With his notes of condescension, is it any wonder so many tweeters are questioning Touré’s sincerity?

Touré’s “assholery” didn’t come out of nowhere.

Touré says he’s learned his lesson:

We’ll see.

Editor’s note: This post has been updated with additional text and tweets.

***

Related:

‘Screw you’: Touré clobbered for foul idiocy about white privilege of Holocaust survivors

Full Twitchy coverage of Touré

• DG

Once an antisemitic black privileged douchebag, always an antisemitic black privileged douchebag.

• MrNewCastrati

That’s too nuanced for me.

• Jay Stevens

You want less nuance? How about this:

Toure – “I am sorry you were not more receptive to my horseshit.”

• chrissy

Excellent!

• http://whatandever.blogspot.com/ Osumashi Kinyobe

What you said.

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

That a mixed race kid like him, raised by a white family, in wealth, social privilege, thinks he is somehow an expert on how white “priviledge” oppressed blacks….. especially Jews who survived the greatest horror in centuries… somehow had a leg up he didn’t… the meanies,…..

Did anyone explain it was white democrats who supported jim crowe?

White democrats who also possessed the same raging Jew hatred that just killed 6 million european Jews?..

because Toure you ass,… the guys in your party that created and used jim crowe, had an equal disdain for Jews… STILL do… as you just proved with that remarkably stupid tweet…

• Maxx

@Toure
    “It was a dumb idea by me to debate s̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶u̶a̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶i̶c̶s̶.”

There. Fixed it.

• conservativechick

I swear, if Twitchy would just ignore these idiots, they would have no platform. No one really cares what they say or think They are so predictable.

• AMSilver

The thing is that ‘white priviledge’ is an ideology that is wide spread in the academic world. I was coerced by my counselor into taking a class on it all the way back in the 90s in a state university in Utah of all places. It’s important to know exactly how extreme (and ridiculous and offensive) the ideology really is, so that we know how to properly react to it. Twitchy ignoring it doesn’t take away their platform. They have every college in America.

• sharinite

All one has to do is read the history of Black Liberation Theology and Progressive ideology…the second one, oddly enough, is by Jews from the l800’s and their attempt at tikkun olam that brought the blacks to where they can now call for the murder of whites, or do it, forget the benefits of almost every single discovery or invention that has helped mankind…mostly white and mostly Jewish. Pure hate is the only response and the hope that they can load white in cattle cars and take us to the ovens!!

• http://swimholes.com KrimeKat

what a dolt

• Jake Bradford

I love it when Toure pretends to be an intellectual.
    It’s a little like watching a cat try to play piano.

• johnstretton

Not exactly. I can listen to a cat playing a piano.

• grais

The cat would be cute.

• NotBuyingItEvenForADollar

Enough with the bipedal privilege card already!

• http://www.artpal.com/ZbOROVAN ZbOROVAN

LOL

• StonedAngel

Please… I am a cat lover and take umbrage at the comparison…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0zgQAp7EYw

• AlyOop

HAHAHA! That cat keeps better time than some of the students I had.

• Heather Atkinson

Again with the standard Leftwingnut non-apology.

‘ I’m truly sorry that you’re not smart enough to realize just how much better I am than you. ‘

• Tanker74

Touré seems like the world’s biggest douché.

• Humanary Stew

Seems like?

• Suburban Guy

Yeah, because Pelosi, Reid, Sharpton, Chris Matthews, Hillary etc. are all in the running.

• ozconservative

Given that Piers Morgan has people wanting to inflict physical harm on him in whatever country he happens to be in, I would say Piers Morgan would win that title. Toure shows definite potential though.

• Mark81150 Never/Trump/Hillary

He’s young……. give him some time.

• CrusadaB

Jealousy rears its ugly head again with Pouty Touty…

• vcferlita

“I apologize for being called out on my racist/anti-semitic tweets and comments”

• Kevin Gallagher

Let’s have a discussion about the fact that Toure only has a job at MSNBC because he is black.

• Humanary Stew

and a progressive. That is the most important element.

• Guest

You got straight to the point, Kevin, but you weren’t very nuanced.

• grais

He didn’t even try to be. How refreshing!

• grais

He’d rather you ignore his Black Privilege. I feel certain of that.

• Fire and Adjust!

Damn………… if only Donald Sterling had said that he might still have ownership of his team………

• ISurvivedaBlueState

Funny how liberals would NEVER accept that type of fauxpology from Donald Sterling, Don Imus, Mel Gibson, etc. Liberals’ hateful views are “nuanced,” but others’ views are totally black-and-white and can be the basis for immediate designation as a horrible person.

• E Quilibrate

That must be why I have immensely enjoyed being a horrible person
      for well over 70 years.

• disqus_hNXvhwdNeI

Nobody was really expecting a liberal to take responsibility for their action were they.

• Tom Armstrong

“I foolishly got involved … in a dumb idea by me … that was insensitive.”

There. I fixed it for you Toure. In less than 140 characters. Try it yourself sometime. (written before I saw earlier comment by Maxx.)

• ceemack

“I’m not really a vile, stupid race-baiter. I’m just misunderstood.”

• karmafordems

Nah. We all know what he means. Nuance is found only in his head

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

In times like this, I always ask, what would Dr Archie Campbell say?

Niblets: “I got my ass reamed for an unfortunate remark I made on Twitter, Doc!”
    Archie: “Well, the best thing to do would have been to STAY OFF TWITTER!”

• Acethepug

Or: Don’t start none, won’t be none.

• grais

“Try to be less offended next time.”
    lolol

• Bklynnygirl

Everything you need to know about MSNBC’s racist Touré. He founded a militant anti-white student paper.

MSNBC host Touré founded a student newspaper dedicated to black liberation theology while he was a college student attending Emory University from 1989 to 1992.

Touré’s flagship publication, The Fire This Time, lavished praise on famous anti-Semites, black supremacists, and conspiracy theorists whom Touré helped bring to campus. Before he became an intense-but-sardonic TV personality, Touré also decried “the suffocating white community” and defended a nationally famous fake hate crime.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/09/msnbcs-toure-founded-militant-anti-white-student-paper/

• Juan Pablo

Was pretty clear to me. Whiteness got the Jews back from near European extermination. As if they weren’t the shit of the world (to most people) even as they were succeeding

• mrspinky85

Someone forgot to mention their whiteness to Hitler.

• NotBuyingItEvenForADollar

So in 140 characters or less, he doubles down on ‘way off base’ whilst throwing a feeble fauxpology into the mix. Wow, just wow.

• http://www.freedomreconnection.com/ FreedomRecon

I’ve got some nuance for Toure’…..FU

• DG

Did you start to type ‘fudge’?

If that makes you feel better.

• DG

No. Just hungry.

• Humanary Stew

Is your sammich gone already?

• DG

:( yes

• Humanary Stew

Well at least you get one. hmmph

• Humanary Stew

Kung fu?

No silly, that’s KF not to be confused with KFC

• LMW51

I’ve just ended a two day twitter debate with a Harvard Professor. We met on Toure’s original tweet. You cannot argue with a Liberal without going around and around the mulberry bush. They cannot and will not discuss solutions; they only focus on the past inadequacy of what has been done. The GI Bill, despite its increasing the number of Blacks who graduated college and/or attended graduate school did more for whites than for blacks so let’s focus on THAT instead of understand why that may have been and fix that issue.

• DG

A two day twitter debate with a Harvard Professor? You may qualify for combat pay.

• LMW51

LOL. Last I looked he was still at it…I told him I was tired of going ’round the mulberry bush with him. And it was quite a while before I realized that it was a Harvard Professor…had I known immediately, I would not have wasted my valuable time! Liberal professors are certainly not in the business of solving issues, it would harm their agenda of causing hate and division.

• mrspinky85

You could’ve talked about Wendy Davis riding her husband’s money through Harvard to distract him.

• JustChuck57

Nuances, Schmooances, may I apologize for being so very stupid that I thought you were an insensitive jerk?

• https://youtu.be/h82D5ZvcALM CrustyB

It was his attempt to reduce Holocaust survivors into his usual “whites bad, blacks good” racist narrative claptrap.

• ChampionCapua

Yes, it definitely was a character shortage that caused Toure’s tweet. His, not Twitter’s.

• Ghee!

bingo.

• Ghee!

How does one accept a fake apology anyway?

With a finger.

• Humanary Stew

With a hashtag of course.

• Kelsow $ Farlander

Shove it up your self aggrandizing, arrogant, equal opportunity hired, dumber than you think you are, ass. A lot of people in America will overlook your insults for fear of retribution from the liberal mafia. But there’s enough of us who will refuse to be insulted by a little piss ant who’s only talent is not being completely anglo saxon. You, sir, have labeled yourself an idiot……If it’s any consolation, you have a fellow traveler in the White House.

• E Quilibrate

Kelsow, me likes the cut a’ yer jib.

• Jeff Jackson

Toure was raised in upper middle class “white privilege” .. this is why he tries so hard to be down and be accepted by other blacks. Obozo, Melissa Harris-Perry and Toure are all cut from the same cloth of “privilege” masquerading as a black that has struggled when the only struggles they have faced due to race was if they self-imposed that struggle.

• Raejean

How about “I was a bonehead to attempt any serious commentary in this medium”?

• Mary Mommy Happy 2016!

It’s amazing how Touré is trying to blame other people for not understanding and being stupid to what he was trying to say.

Unfreaking believable and what a fake empty insincere apology.

• Ghee!

As if he would take responsibility for even this slight of decency. He’s a marxist prog, they don’t take responsibility for anything.

• QueenB

Because saying holocaust survivors benefited from white privilege written out in long hand would make it all better. Really Toure, it’s the “shorthand” of it that was the problem. /s

• Bill Hedrick

I gotta agree with Gabriel Malor, accept the apology (but don’t forget the offense)

• Acethepug

That wasn’t an apology. It sure as hell wouldn’t have been taken as such if offered to the Left, so Gabe and Toure can cram it with walnuts.

• Nebokenezzer

You lost at debate Toure’….

• spaceycakes

how is bothering to type out the words ‘white privilege’ shorthand for anything?

• LegalizeShemp

“White privilege” is a dog whistle for “I’m a loser and I need a good excuse for it.”

• Courtney Haynes

Seriously, do you guys even ATTEMPT to understand what a guy is saying if he disagrees with you? Can you at least TRY to understand what he was saying or at least ASK???

• Acethepug

Ah, like the incredible open-mindedness of the Left.

Sorry, anyone stupid enough and racist/anti-Semitic (and to be honest, I don’t think Toure is anti-Semitic, just anti-white) enough to say what Toure did, and then double down on it, doesn’t get any charitable interpretations.

And frankly, your advice would be better made to and taken by the Left, who never misses the opportunity to demonize and lie about the Right. But keep shilling that message, Courtney, and reality and intellectual honesty be damned!

• Courtney Haynes

So, you’re not even going to attempt to understand what he’s saying? You call that open-mindedness?

• QueenB

You already said that. We get it. Holocaust survivors = living on easy street, black people = horrible struggles and oppression. I’m starting to wonder if you even know what the holocaust was. I’m quite sure you don’t know much about the history of slavery either. Just a guess on my part.

• Courtney Haynes

Are you even trying, man? Seriously. I go to IJreview regularly and the people are not this stupid. TRY for a moment to understand what I am saying.

Holocaust survivors had a TERRIBLE time.
            Black people had a TERRIBLE time.

But the thing is that ONCE in America blacks were treated WORSE than Jews. Even though Jews were treated terribly, there was an ADVANTAGE in having white skin. When you are walking down the street in a America,. people do not necessarily KNOW that you are Jewish, but they do KNOW if you are black.

Please tell me that you are not so simple-minded that you cannot understand this?

• Courtney Haynes

Do you understand that once they SURVIVED the Holocaust and came to America they were not still IN the holocaust? Do you think the (other than psychologically) that the holocaust followed them to America and while in America they had to endure the same things they did in the Holocaust. Can you comprehend that?

• Kerry Hamilton

Do you understand that once they SURVIVED slavery they were not still IN slavery? And that no one alive in the US has lived through slavery, or participated in it? You argument is ridiculous, and note that you are, I think, the ONLY person here defending this Asshole’s words. Hm. Guilt by association or defense might just make you a myopic asshole yourself.

• Courtney Haynes

You just made my point. I, nor Toure’, even brought slavery into the equation because it was not a present threat at the time. However, you chose to bring the holocaust into the equation even though there was no holocaust occurring in the USA. Yes, Jewish people were getting mistreated — even killed — but that does not constitute a holocaust.

• Acethepug

I call it “the Leftist way.” Remove the forest in your eyes, Courtney, then you can whine about the mote in mine.

When I see this level of concern for the way the Left constantly reacts to the Right from you, I might actually think you are something other than a Leftist partisan shill.

And frankly, you and I both KNOW what he is saying. It’s exactly what he said the first time. He isn’t sorry, that wasn’t an apology, end of story.

Feel free to continue to play the concern troll, though.

• Courtney Haynes

OK, that’s fine. You have just admitted to me that you do not mind being irrational. You are already so biased against all liberals that you will not listen to any arguments they have. That’s a perfect way to remain with your head stuck in the ground. Perfect little ostrich.

• Acethepug

As you yet again ignore what was actually said …

Keep spinning that narrative, concern troll!

• Courtney Haynes

No,. you have no logic. Someone comes on here and makes an argument that contradicts yours and your counterargument is mere ad hominem attacks:

I have a “forest” in my eyes and you already see me as a “partisan shill”, therefore you will not listen to me.

I am sorry. You can pretend that is logical, but that is the most clear cut case of cognitive dissonance if there ever was one. Just call me names so you do not have to discredit my argument: but that does not discredit my argument — it only makes you look foolish.

• mike_in_kosovo

Someone comes on here and makes an argument that contradicts yours and your counterargument is mere ad hominem attacks:

Might want to tone that whinging down some, given that you came INTO the discussion already making attacks.

• Courtney Haynes

And this highlights the problem. You view asking people to follow the rules of logic as “whining”. But the problem with these personal attacks is NOT that they hurt anyone’s feelings, but that they DO NOT address the argument. Calling toure and me all of these names does not make our arguments untrue. If the argument is untrue, you can disprove it ,WITHOUT referring to the mental state of the speaker.

• Courtney Haynes

And this highlights yet another problem. When someone asks your side to follow the proper rules of logic, you call it “whining”. I do not talk of ad hominem attacks because you’re hurting my feelings. I talk of them because it is the entirety of your argument. If you present logic, and then attack me, I’m fine with that: at least you’ve presented an argument. But when the entirety of your argument amounts to nothing more than “you and all liberals are stupid, so your argument is wrong” then you really have left the realm of rationality and are making your own rules as you go along.

• mike_in_kosovo

And this highlights yet another problem.

Your lack of self-awareness?

When someone asks your side to follow the proper rules of logic, you call it “whining”.

Actually, no…that would be “hypocrisy”, given how you came INTO the discussion already attacking people.

If you present logic, and then attack me, I’m fine with that: at least you’ve presented an argument.

The argument *HAS* been presented – Toure’ has a long history of making ignorant comments like this.

But when the entirety of your argument amounts to nothing more than “you and all liberals are stupid, so your argument is wrong” then you really have left the realm of rationality and are making your own rules as you go along.

Again – Toure’ has a long history of making ignorant comments like this.

Once you’re done beating that strawman, can you sweep up? The hay makes me sneeze.

• Courtney Haynes

I said, “You call it whining.” You said “No.” But earlier you specifically called my words whining. Or — to be more specific — “whinging”. Finally, you state as your argument that, “Toure’ has a long history of making ignorant comments like this.”

This is not an argument, however. It is merely a claim. An argument uses logic and claims to convince someone of a conclusion. What is the conclusion you are asking us to draw, in other words?

• QueenB

Please explain to all of us how being a survivor of the holocaust equates to white privilege. Better yet, next time you see someone with a number tattooed on their arm, tell them all about their white privilege.

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Because a concentration camp survivor without a cent, with no family, alone in the world, working his ass off in the kitchen of a Miami Beach hotel washing dishes, could in theory stay in that hotel, given enough money– while Dr Ralph Bunche couldn’t. Or drink from a water fountain from which Bunche couldn’t.

In other words, to the Nibletses of the world, it’s all in the symbolism, not the reality of who had the better of life in 1945.

• Courtney Haynes

First of all, the remark Toure was responding to did NOT just mention the Holocaust. It mentioned moving to America and “making it work”. Therefore, obviously, that is the portion of the remark Toure was referring to when he inferred that whiteness played a factor.

If one was black during that time, moving to America, it would be harder to “make it work”

• QueenB

A guy brought up holocaust survivors. Toure said “white privilege”. But I get it, holocaust survivors had their troubles, but black people REALLY had it bad. People like you are freaking ridiculous.

• retsubcpo

And ignorant ass. An ignorant ass that works for the NBC network, MSNBC, that’s populatated with nothing but ignorant asses.

• RblDiver

“I’m sorry you’re dumber than me. ‘Cause I’m smart, and you’re dumb.”

• Courtney Haynes

Well, isn’t that essentially what you’re all saying to Toure? That he is dumb and you are smarter than him? Why do you take offense when he infers the same of you?

• Acethepug

Because Toure proves his idiocy time and again, and no matter how many times he is schooled over it, he does it again? Maybe THAT is why we all say the above to Toure?

How else would you interpret Toure’s tweets? What person, other than a complete idiot or anti-Semite (or anti-white racist) would respond as he did initially?

Then he doubles down on said stupidity by saying his comments were too complex for Twitter?

Those are not the actions of a smart man, those are the actions of someone too stupid to entertain the notion that he said stupid things and should simply admit this and move on.

• Courtney Haynes

Please listen to yourself. I understand you loathe Toure and everything he says, but the same thing can be said of many on this website. The things you are saying sound very ignorant to me, but mere name-calling is no substitute for argument.

These are mere empty ad hominem attacks.

• RblDiver

No, we’re saying his ideas are dumb because saying one survived the holocaust because of “whiteness” is ridiculous. He’s saying we’re dumb because we’re too stupid to understand “nuance.”

• Courtney Haynes

That is ridiculous, but that is not what he is saying. He is saying they were able to “make it work” and come to America because white privilege.

• QueenB

You really want to stick up for a guy who claims surviving the holocaust is proof of white privilege?

• Courtney Haynes

You are merely taking the most twisted interpretation possible and applying to make Toure look as sick as possible. The original comment was “My family survived a concentration camp, came to the US w/ nothing, LEGALLY, and made it work.”
          to which Toure’ responded: the power of whiteness. But why do you assume he’s talking about the concentration camps and NOT the ability to the come to the US (some nationalities were not allowed at the time) and the ability to “make it work” (some races were treated worse than Jews at the time).

Both him and I understand his insensitivity in the way he responded, but why are you being insensitive in jumping to the most egregious conclusions about people who disagree with you?

• QueenB

I get it Courtney, holocaust survivors had it easy compared to blacks. Fine. The real irony, of course, is there wouldn’t (edit) have been segregation or Jim Crow laws if it weren’t for democrats.

• Courtney Haynes

So you’re saying you’d like to go back to Jim Crow times?

• QueenB

No. I edited my comment. I shall retype here: The real irony, of course, is there wouldn’t (edit) have been segregation or Jim Crow laws if it weren’t for democrats.

• Courtney Haynes

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

• grais

The conversation before that was about reparations.

And it seems that Toure is pretty damn ignorant of the history of antisemitism in the US.

• Courtney Haynes

What the hell does this have to do with anything? Can you focus on one topic at a time?

Please tell me what talking about reparations have to do with the validity of the argument that Jewish Americans had one advantage because of the color of their skin? If he his ignorant of history of antisemitism tell me how that changes the fact that whiteness was an advantage in America?

• grais

The reparations part of the conversation was the starting point, hon. Extrapolate, if you’re able.

If you think anti-semites believe Jews are white, you don’t know much more than Toure does.
            Such a shame.

• Courtney Haynes

Grais, if you do not want to have a debate, just say so and go on your way. I really cannot waste my time on people who do not wish to take things seriously. However, if you really are trying to make some type of point, you have to do more than say “Extrapolate, if you’re able.”

As for your second comment, are you saying that all Americans are anti-semites? I am sure you are not. However, that is the point. I hate using Wikipedia, but for time constraints I will quote a section on antisemitism which states: “Antisemitism in the United States began to decline in the late 1940s. As they became aware of the Holocaust, many Americans found themselves ardently opposed to views which had been used to justify such genocide.”

What does this mean? There are different degrees to which a country can be anti-semitic or racist. Certainly we are WAY less racist towards blacks and Jews than we were in the past. Similarly, is it so hard to imagine that our country, at one point, was more racist toward blacks than it was toward Jews or that it was more racist toward Jews than it was toward blacks?

If the country was more racist toward one group than it was toward the other, wouldn’t it behoove someone to be “the other” rather than “one”? That is the plain and simple premise of Toure’s argument, but you want to twist it into the most irrational thing imaginable.

• BeevaloBill

Self proclaimed “Nuance” is the final refuge for those who lack anything of substance to say.

• Nahalban

Or Satire or Irony they have lots of excuses.

• Gallatin

Thems wurds ore so beeg, watt duz nuance meen?

• E Quilibrate

Toure’ thinks nuance is something about communicating with dead people.

• Gallatin

toure i so sorry thet i so stoopid.

• Fenny Famous

The GOP must love this guy. He must be sending dems and independants to the GOP in droves

• Jack Deth

Memo to Toure:

“Nuanced”?…. Hardly.

Revealing of your generationally ingrained prejudices?… Absolutely!

• stdog

cmon toure, “nuanced”, why dont you just tweet “down with whitey. black power!” and stop pretending to be unprejudiced.

• AT

When white people say really stupid and offensive things, they lose their jobs and are forced to sell their basketball teams. When black toure says really stupid and offensive things, such notions aren’t even floated.

#ThePowerofBlackness

• http://www.nleomf.org/officers/ FlatFoot

David Burge, aka: IowaHawkis that you!?!

…well said and spot on

• Jake Bradford

Paula Deen was fired for saying something in an offhand way 30 yrs ago…if that is the “power of whiteness” it couldn’t light a bulb

What of @msnbc’s @toure? Sigh. A millennial race-hustling vicitcrat.”
    –Larry Elder

• Jake Bradford

He went to college in 1989….I don’t think that makes him a millennial. He’s in his 40’s

• WhoDat

Holocaust survivors are those who you can’t level any criticism against.

Just as it righteously should be… Truth!

• Jeffrey Rogers

What criticism would you like to level against them…if you were allowed?

• Ms. Abigail van Beagle

Village idiot throws out inflammatory comment straight from the air between its ears.
      And not a crap was given.

• WhoDat

Yeah, Toure is an idiot.

• mrspinky85

It’s easier to place blame than to take responsibility. The leftists mission statement. Good job Toure’.

• Jeffrey Rogers

I hate honkey.

That is way less than 140 characters and gets your opinion out there 100% accurately.

• Guy Ratner

Based on his obnoxious comments and half-hearted, disingenuous “apology”, it would appear this man is a vacuous, supercilious, anti-semitic & hypocritical PUTZ.
    There, was that “nuanced” enough?

• GMMI

I’d say “complete idiot” works better.

• stdog

lets agree to pay reparations when they bring back all the dead white american soldiers that gave their lives since the time of slavery, who fought for every american. i think whats owed has been paid.

• Chatty Kathy

Me personally, I couldn’t care less about him apologizing. He’s a narcissistic, entitled jackass, like most liberals.

• E Quilibrate

Ummm– does his twin brother live in the White House?

• Doc Farmer ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

On behalf of all us “privileged” honkeys out here, I invite you to kiss the fattest part of my ass, Tourétté

• anjullyn

#TouresApology I’m sorry you’re too stupid to understand how brilliant and nuanced I am.

• E Quilibrate

Toure intellectual? I think not.

• Norm McDonald

I don’t find this mutt this least surprising…he is a left wing bigoted pig. They all are…the KKK went to the lefties and simply made their racism more subtle. Despicable monsters who we all should turn our backs on just as they did in the 1980s in Idaho to the Aryan Brotherhood. No difference in this POS from MSLSD and the Aryan/KKK….all bigoted pigs.

• Ms. Abigail van Beagle

He should know by now not to run his mouth where there’s the possibility of feedback unless he’s in a room of yesmen.
    “Oh, sir! You are soooo right! I never thought of it that way, but you’ve opened my eyes to my inherent racism. I shall do penance by condemning evil white racists online!”
    *slobber, drool, brownnose

• Donald-Now2x/Sarc-w/0calories

To paraphrase a very old saying: “It is better to Tweet nothing and be thought a fool, than to actually put it on Twitter and remove all doubt.” Although in this case, substitute “anti-Semitic, bigoted, racist, brain damaged, bottom feeding, scumbag, no talent hack” for the word “fool”.

• WisconsinPatriot

“This”, what “this”? He won’t be too “intellectual”? Or…..he won’t be too racist. WAITING!

• RSnyder

How much does this peeved child make per year do you think? A colossal waste of money, whatever the amount. He’s like a character from IDIOCRACY come to life. What a time to live in America.

• Ms. Abigail van Beagle

Just because…

• docscience

Behold the power of blackness… or brownness… or maybe cafe-au-lait-ness.

• willy

Unless I’m really REALLY stupid saw a racist antisemitic tweet but that’s probably my mistake

• Jake Bradford

Millennials don’t want him. He is in his 40’s anyway and first started his anti-white student newspaper in 1989.

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Oh, sure, blame the Gen X-ers for everything, whydon’tcha?

• LinTaylor ✓vitrified

“Learned his lesson”…sure…who wants to take bets on how long it is before he’s back here on Twitchy for saying something stupid and racially biased?

• tops116 ✓Quipper

He might’ve already posted such a tweet in response to the criticism of his “apology.”

• JSizzle

This is a non-apology apology. Toure is sorry that he got caught; not for the comparisons he made. He only apologized because he got caught and realized how atrocious truly educated people found his comments. In his heart he believes the things he said to be true; apology or no. Next time; he’ll just keep his ignorance hidden and off of Twitter so it can go unchecked.

I thought there were several really good comeback tweets from people highlighting Toure’s ignorance. However; I wish it hadn’t been necessary. The pictures were sad to view and the captions were worse (even though they did convey strong and true points). I hope that many people who knew little about the Holocaust saw them and came away having learned more about it.

• http://youhavetobethistalltogoonthisride.blogspot.com/ keyboard jockey

Too nuanced for twitter? He spent memorial weekend Jew baiting. Where’s the part in his twitter feed where he nuanced his antisemitism?

• The_Kat ✓vilified

Funny how @redsteeze was able to debate with Toure very well on Twitter. He even used pictures! So is Toure saying he sucks at debating, Twitter, or being intelligent?

• AMERICAN Kafir™✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

All of the above.

• TimD

Nuance …. the last refuge of a scoundrel

• HarpyHarp

Wow. He actually used the word “nuanced.” Way to be a caricature of yourself.

This “White Privilege” is about Obama’s plan to Share the Wealth. You see, it doesn’t matter how hard white people work to become successful, because as far as Obama is concerned, whites illegitimately obtained their success via White Privilege. Consequently, Obama feels that he is morally (if not legally) obligated to relieve whites of their ill-gotten gains and rightfully distribute them to underprivileged non-whites.
    It’s not a bad plan. It’s evil, but it’s not bad.

• StonedAngel

I guess making the underprivileged change their ways is out of the question..?

What incentive do they have to change?

• http://www.algoreisabidfatidiot.com/ “Rev Jim Jones”

It’s the new world order where collective mentality guides behavior and determines reward instead of spiritual based forms of morality, compassion, ethics and productivity.

A Progressive is but a snake that has outgrown God and is shedding its restrictive spiritual skin.

Liberals have yet to define the word “PROGRESSIVE” with their actions.

one needs a mood ring to determine the liberal’s state of
          mind whether a socialist, a communist, an anarchist or more commonly a guilt-ridden apologist.

whatever they peddle usually fails in the end and cost the taxpayer a heap so i simply classify them as “progressives” until such time it’s worth differentiation.

• StonedAngel

Neblett … your racist azz should have been hounded off the air long time ago. Too bad the right is so adamant about free speech. Still.. it’s amusing watching you continually put your racist foot in your mouth and look like a black hater of everything… especially WHITE.

And all the responses to Neblett’s racist retorts are smashing. It’s worth putting up with this cluck just to get to see the blowback.

• lillymckim

I still cannot believe Dale Earnhardt Jr follows this hate filled loon on twitter.

• copperpeony

The pic of the ‘mouth’ (Toure) is all the explanation anyone needs. He (they) dropped the ‘race card’ for the ‘white privilege card’. 13% of the population will always complain about some indignation or deprivation instead of fixing the problem from within. Must be the DNA.

• padraic 91244

toure should go back to playing videos on bet

• Chuck Vipperman

If there were not a corresponding amount of “Black Privilege,” this dingbat wouldn’t have a job.

• tops116 ✓Quipper

“It was a dumb idea by me to debate serious and nuanced topics in 140 characters or less”

No, it was a dumb idea for Toure to debate serious and nuanced topics period. He lacks the intelligence to do so, as evidenced by his blaming Twitter for his stupid comment.

I’m sure other idiots (like Alec Baldwin or Ollie Willis) will follow Toure’s lead and play the “Twitter Made Me Do It” card the next time they get in trouble.

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

“My name is Toure, and I’m a Twitterholic…”?

• Kay

“A whining crying race may be pitied but seldom respected.”

“Great men cultivate love… Only little men cherish a spirit of hatred.”

– Booker T. Washington

• Rex

TRANSLATION: I made a mistake, but you’re still a racist.

• junkbondtrader41

My ***, it won’t happen again. One is left with no other conclusion than the top brass at MSNBC is quietly encouraging this stuff. (Who’s been fired, besides Alec Baldwin, who insulted gays?)

They’ve made a decision to have their business model include a chosen audience of far left haters and controversies over bile like this is what makes them tune in and keeps them tuned in.

Abandon any pretense at news, just stroke the leftist prejudices and pieties of their viewers. A sad end to Tim Russert’s organization.

He’s sorry but not sorry.

What an adult he is.

He can f— off.

• Kchuck

That’s the way liberals always apologize. “I’m sorry. Sorry that you’re too STUPID to understand what I said.”

• jpwickl

i guess toure has tourétte’s

• AMERICAN Kafir™✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

@Toure
    It was a dumb idea by me to debate serious and nuanced topics in 140 characters or less… (Cont.)

.@Toure Then hey, #Dumbass: Get the fuck off Twitter, make a WordPress blog. Better yet, just write it on toilet paper so we can flush it.

• AMERICAN Kafir™✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

And this, for the reparations bullshit tweet:

.@Toure Reparations for WHAT?!? THERE IS NO-ONE NOW IN THE U.S. THAT OWNS A SLAVE, OR THAT CURRENTLY IS A SLAVE… YOU FUCKING MORON!

• Victoria Richardson

He would have never tweeted what he said if he didn’t mean it. Bringing up something so horrible and tragic as the Holocaust and using race is disgusting. Millions of Jews along with Homosexuals, Gipsy’s, Jehovah’s witnesses, among others who were killed and who’s lives forever will be changed.

You see, he’s part of a larger group that rejects the notion of wrong doing re the Holocaust and sees modern day Israel as the provocateur. Voiding the concept of good vs evil is key essential establishing the liberal’s new world order where everyone is morally neutral and entitled to whatever the collective decides.

In short he’s a modern Communist.

• JR48

White privilege. In reference to Holocaust survivors
    On Twitter.

Shorthand for: “I’m a bigot and an idiot”.

• JD Son

I see Toure went to Obama’s lectures about hot to not apologize effectively.

• Eddie frOly

I’m still scratching my head over the idea of “white privilege”. Don’t get me wrong I’m equating my struggles with those of the minorities I have known, but this idea is just ridiculous. I refuse to let anyone bring down the work God has done in me bringing me out of poverty then out of near homelessness twice because of my own stupidity and on to a career in nursing for a while. Now I’m moving on to ministry and getting a MA in Christian counseling. I have worked hard and received 0 breaks for my whiteness so forgive me if I refuse to ” check my white privilege”!

• EDUCATEDPATRIOT

How can you make “stupid” never happen again?

Take it or leave it – it’s the closest thing to an apology anyone should expect from an indiscriminate progressive; especially a renown attention seeker.

• Dan13

Oops! We just lost Toure’s attention. He just heard a dog whistle.

• Shubi

“So Twitter’s useless, then?” – Bethany Bowra May 27, 2014

The truth finally begins to dawn on a Twitter user.

• Dan13

Except for Michelle’s # diplomacy, Shubi.
      That’s not useless…

• taconite

The only kind of apology leftist knows is a non apology. But what do you expect from those that follow the philosophy of arrogance

• Dan13

If 140 characters make him look like an insensitive moron, think of what this guy can do with more characters?

• Stephen L. Hall #NonquamTrump

Nuance: A liberal intellectual disassociation from all reality or reason excusing any and all insane rants while simultaneously branding anyone who would questions said liberal as intellectually inferior.

• zj sky

If Twitter is the wrong venue for him to communicate his ideas, may I suggest he shut his twitter account the fuck down and go away?

• bicentennialguy

This racist filthmonger sure likes the white man’s money, though.

• Magnifico

MSNBC is obviously tiring of forcing their flunkies to lend heartfelt apologies regarding their blatant anti-Semitism.

• Hank_Scorpio

What a complete douche….

• Rogue Cheddar

If anything, he’s still a work in progress.

• Rogue Cheddar

“It was a dumb idea by me to debate serious and nuanced topics in 140 characters or less…”

140 characters is the difference between succinct and bloviate. Apparently you can’t hang.

• Rogue Cheddar

Tugg Touré Speedman: There were times while I was playing Jack where I felt…
    [pause]
    Tugg Touré Speedman: …retarded. Like, really retarded.
    Kirk Lazarus: Damn!
    Tugg Touré Speedman: In a weird way I had to sort of just free myself up to believe that is was ok to be stupid or dumb.
    Kirk Lazarus: To be a moron.
    Tugg Touré Speedman: Yeah!
    Kirk Lazarus: To be moronical.
    Tugg Touré Speedman: Exactly, to be a moron.
    Kirk Lazarus: An imbecile.
    Tugg Touré Speedman: Yeah!
    Kirk Lazarus: Like the dumbest mother f#%&er that ever lived.

• Bill Phillips

Translation: His LIBERAL White friends didn’t like what he said!

• Rogue Cheddar

Hey Tourette! I got your nuance right here! (insert graphic euphemism of choice)

• helioquois

Toure’: Thank you for your “Power of Blackness” display. We see so little of it in the national media, particularly in the print and television news.

Oh, by the way, don’t ever apologize…it’s a sign of weakness :-).

Trust me…it’s in the “Privilege of White Power” Handbook.

• Evie1949

Just as liberals are unable to tell the truth, they are also physically unable to make a real apology. As has been said before, apologies begin with the words: “I apologize for” and continue with an identification of the transgression. The apology ends with a promise to reform to prevent a further a recurrence of the transgression.

An apology that indicates the transgressor did nothing wrong but that the person(s) to whom the apology is being tendered were too stupid to understand that there had not been a transgression is not an apology – we call it doubling down on the original transgression.

Love it!

• therealguyfaux ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

But because we all must be seen to be so solicitous of other’s feelings and self-esteem in this participation-trophy culture of ours, we disingenuously offer the “non-apology.”

Just once, I’d like to see someone, even someone I dislike and with whom I share no beliefs, simply say: “My statement stands. Good day.”

By their fruits you will know them– someone who does nothing but repeatedly make inflammatory remarks will be seen for the troublemaker that (s)he is, while those who are usually much more thoughtful and measured, dare I say “nuanced,” in their words from the get-go, will be seen to be honest inquirers after truth.

Hey, look at the Joe the Plumber thread, and all the “He’s right, but he shouldn’t have put it quite that bluntly!” sentiment expressed by posters– I should hope what they are calling for is for Joe to have measured his words a bit more, not for him to back down now in the face of all the professional hand-wringers’ complaining!

• VictorErimita

Black TV twit who makes more than most whites whines about white privilege.

• nickynicole

This guy is dangerous.

• werewife

Someone should point out to Mr. Neblett that during the darkest days of Jim Crow, there was a notorious lynching. Of a Jew. On the word of a black man. Who was the logical suspect. Guess there are some things that trump even conquering, all-powerful White Privilege. http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/history-archaeology/leo-frank-case

• Ironbender40

One white lynching? How many black lynchings do you think you could find during that era? (not including the unreported, not found bodies of course)

• werewife

The point isn’t that it was “one white lynching.” The point is that, when faced with a raped and murdered 13-year-old white girl, and the two suspects were a white business owner (the epitome of Respectability except for being Jewish) and a poor, illiterate, mentally impaired black man, the Jewish suspect was convicted and lynched on the testimony of the black suspect. What does this suggest about the hierarchy of the South?

• Ironbender40

Obliviously the police at the time did not think he was a suspect.

Does it bother you that the witness was black?

• RSnyder

I’d love, I’d pay to see Toure in tights, in a wrestling ring, squaring off against someone like Ted Nugent wielding an old semi-hollow body. Maybe O’Malleys’ banjo.

• Ironbender40

Are you people deliberately being ignorant or is your ignorance not deliberate?

Dat’s Racis
    “My family survived a concentration camp, came to the US w/ nothing, LEGALLY, and made it work.”

Toure
    “The power of whiteness”

Nothing to do with concentration camps. Referring to “making it” in AMERICA compared to minority counterparts during a pre civil rights era.

Talk about spin.

• Rbjk Rbjk

Ahh, his career will be fine; he’s black. One of the media-favorited groups who can say and do almost anything they want without repercussions. Sarah Silverman knows this.

• gold7406

toure’ (too-raaay),n. french slang, the sound a colon makes upon when properly evacuated.

• Christopoher

Another black man hating on us .Nothing new …

• Da St

Well, he said “I used a shorthand that was insensitive and wrong.” If he means “the power of white privilege,” hey, he’s right. That shorthand is insensitive and wrong. If he meant “white privilege,” that too is insensitive and wrong. Give him credit for recognizing it. Everything they’re shorthand for is insensitive and wrong too.

But if he only meant the combination was wrong, while “white privilege” is not insensitive and wrong, well, eff him. That is no apology, no decency.

His apology is too nuanced.