America’s nuttiest professor, Erik Loomis, loves teaching about the history of sexuality (see his now-deleted tweet above).

Today, in the wake of an outcry about his anti-gun tweets (he still can’t see why anyone was offended), he is talking about dildos again.

“To be clear, these are historical dildos we talked about. Actually read about to be specific. I can provide you some readings if you’d like to learn.”

We think we’ll pass.

Related:

“Not a firing offense, but certainly worthy of widespread mockery.”

Free speech academics rally around academic who wanted to shut down NRA free speech

Professors decry ‘witch hunt,’ rally around Erik Loomis in name of ‘academic freedom’

Liberal journo Mike Elk sad about death threats to death threat connoisseur Erik Loomis

Flashback: Erik Loomis criticized Sarah Palin for ‘violent rhetoric’

Sick retweet by disgraced Rhode Island prof Erik Loomis: ‘Hunt down Dick Morris like a pig’

Rhode Island professor Erik Loomis deletes his Twitter account; Update: What is he hiding?

University of Rhode Island professor’s retweet: Murder anyone who thinks teachers should be armed; Update: Police met with prof; Update: University issues statement

• Steve_J

Those that can, do.
    Those that can’t, teach.

• grais

Those that can, do.
      Those that can’t, teach about dildos (if you catch my drift)

• putthehammerdown

Are we all quite sure this ninny is like,… really familiar with dildos and their operation and use?
    What is his address? Time for a Christmas Present Deluge………. don’t forget the butter…………

• http://boogieforward.us/ K-Bob

Nothing makes the holidays brighter than a news story with the word “dildo” in it.

Thanks, progressives! Go find something else to ruin.

• maddmedic

Must have talked about himself then.

• http://www.twitter.com/thebadger14 Badger Pundit

Just so it’s clear to everyone that the “dildo” quote isn’t taken out of context, here are the relevant excerpts from the exchanges this morning between Loomis and one of his commentators, “RedWood.”

First the thread starting at 10:29 a.m., here: http://bit.ly/12CusAx.

RedWood says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:29 am
    So when do get back to the extremely important work of writing dissertations on homosexual Marxist lumberjacks and their furry forest friends? Surely the world would collapse without such important, vital work.

RedWood says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:33 am
    The screename is intentionally ironic. Get it? Red WOOD? I’m mocking Loomis.

Erik Loomis says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:34 am
    At this point, you mean a book about Marxist lumberjacks, homosexual or not. The answer is today.

RedWood says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:35 am
    Did they prefer anal sex or oral sex? I forgot. I’m sure the world cannot do without this important contribution to scholarship. You are truly on the level of an Aristotle.

Dr.KennethNoisewater says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:38 am
    And how will the world fare without the important work of your latent-homosexuality-tinged trolling? Well, I’m guessing.

RedWood says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:41 am
    Right. I’m the one with sexual issues, not the guy who gets off on talking about dildos to 18 year olds, or the one who wrote page after page about anal sex in his dissertation. Lol.

Erik Loomis says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:42 am
    I believe there is 1 page on homosexuality in my dissertation. That said, you can read much more about it if you follow the footnotes. I recommend it.

rea says:
    December 20, 2012 at 11:28 am
    I have not been able to find that old dildo history post in the archives of this site, but as I recall, it made some interesting points about technological development and the 19th Century medical profession’s attitude toward women. In other words, it’s legitimate history.

Erik Loomis says:
    December 20, 2012 at 11:30 am
    Here you go: http://www.alternet.org/story/154489/the_strange%2C_fascinating_history_of_the_vibrator

Here’s ths link starting at 10:37 a.m.: http://bit.ly/12s5vJ1:

RedWood says:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:42 am
    Again LOOMIS was the one going on and on (and on) about anal sex in his dissertation, and tweeted that he gets very excited talking about dildos to his teenage students. Who is the one with issues again?

Erik Loomis says
    December 20, 2012 at 10:44 am

• lainer51

after seeing his pic, I would assume a dildo is as close to love as he will ever get.

• LightSabre

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dennylee60

How much are his students paying for their “education”? The parents should demand a refund.

• sqeptiq

Oh my God! There’s sex at our universities! Bring the fainting couch!

• lainer51

sex, yes, teaching sex isn’t what I am paying for… sorry – you probably have no kids in college or better yet, you are a bleeding heart lib…

• sqeptiq

Hellzya! I’m a left-wing single living in a college town. Love it!

• http://pennyrobinsonfanclub.net/ PennyRobinsonFanClub

Like that historic dildo in the Oval Office?

• TexasJew

Nothing like old dildos to make the Yuletime bright

• Finrod Felagund

From the very first episode of South Park:

Cartman: Mom, kitty’s being a dildo!
    Liane Cartman: Well then, I know a certain kitty kitty who’s sleeping with Mommy tonight.
    Cartman: What?