The only thing I want Vox to explain to me is where they found their rich idiot investors.—
David Burge (@iowahawkblog) June 25, 2014
You’re probably one of those silly rubes who heard that the economy shrank by 2.9 percent in the first quarter and thought that was a bad thing. Well, Vox is here to set you straight:
Nope, no joke. According to Voxsplainer Danielle Kurtzleben, the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad news about the economy is nothing to lose sleep over. And here’s why:
1) “The job market looks OK.” (Don’t worry, she uses charts.)
2) “A lot of it was weather.” (Because of course it was.)
3) “Healthcare is still doing fine.” (Because of course it is.)
4) “Inventories fell by a lot. That’s temporary.” (Sounds legit.)
5) “The future looks bright.” (We gotta wear shades!)
Voxsplanations really are the best.
As long as it takes.
Q for Vox-ish types: How much of a hit to GDP *would* justify a little panic?—
Allahpundit (@allahpundit) June 25, 2014
Ahem. For the record:
OK, well, something else must be going on:
Keep up the great work, Vox!