Almost feel sorry for the smack down Juan Williams is receiving on #FoxNewsSunday. Almost.—
(@ThomRog1621) October 27, 2013
Heh. Juan Williams appeared on “Fox News Sunday” on Sunday morning.
Since it was a day ending in “y,” out came the lies.
No worries! The always awesome Brit Hume was there to provide a Teachable Moment (TM).
Hume also offered the lesson via Twitter:
The article reports on the devastating sticker shock and plan cancellations that are hitting Californians upon the Obamacare roll-out. But, hey, according to Juan Williams that is no biggie. In fact, he is blowing off the “you can keep your plan” lie (and called the outrage over cancellation notices “empty rhetoric”) with the absurd assertion that y’all can just get better plans. He is Smarter Than You, you see. Juan knows best!
Hume wasn’t having any of it.
More via Mediaite:
The president promised explicitly—we heard it on this program—if you like the coverage you have now you can keep it, period,” Hume said. “These hundreds of thousands of people evidently like the policies they had, because they kept paying for them. They’re now being told they can’t have those polices anymore. They must have policies that involve coverage for things they may feel they don’t need.”
“They’re going to get better coverage, at potentially lower cost,” Williams said.
“Whose idea of better coverage, their idea or the government’s?” Hume said. “They’re going to offer a government-mandated deal, that may or may not be a better deal for the people involved. They’re elderly people being required to pay for maternity coverage.”
Owned … and wrong, as always.
Yep. Here Mr. “Real Journalist” Juan Williams, we’ll help you out with some facts, courtesy of the real world.
- O-Scare avalanche: Escaped cancellation notice? Americans ‘keep’ doubled, tripled premiums
- Heckuva job, President ShamWow! Americans: ‘I lost my job due to Obamacare’
- Hey, look! Media finally notice Americans are getting insurance cancellation notices!
- Obamacare train wreck: Americans tweet anger, surprise over cancellations, higher premiums
- WH flack @HealthCareTara pushes MMFA spin; Crickets when citizens tell her ‘my plan was canceled’
- Finally! Citizen discovers what Obama means by ‘let me be clear’ [pic]
- ‘I’m going to have to cook some meth’: ‘Affordable care’ plans not so affordable
- ‘Thanks to Obamacare’: Rep. Gardner opts out of federal health care, his insurance plan is canceled
- Health insurers to customers: If you like your plan, you can keep … nah, you’re screwed
- Hey, know what you get to ‘keep’ with Obamacare? Cancellation notices
- ‘Affordable’ care: NC family’s health insurance premiums to skyrocket 430 percent
- Not-so-Affordable Care Act: Tweeters sickened by rising health care premiums
- Put on your shocked face: Health insurance companies warn premiums could ‘increase sharply’
- Ted Cruz: Has the cost of your health insurance increased? Citizens: My premium skyrocketed
- Bless her heart: Donna Brazile blames ‘price gauging’ not Obamacare for rising premiums
- Funniest tweet of the day: Donna Brazile has ‘no good answer’ to explain ‘why my premium jumped up’
- Ho-ho-hope and change: Health insurance premiums skyrocket just in time for Christmas
- You can keep your plan … if you pay way more; FSA cap cut, ‘my health insurance premium at work going up’
You’re welcome. Signed, “just bloggers.”