Jay Caruso (@jaycaruso) February 03, 2013
Zing! Reap what you sow, indeed. Aww, poor, little Matt Yglesias took some time out from talking about how Obama’s kids are more important than yours to lament how hard it is to start a business. No, seriously. He wanted to “build that,” but oh-how-hard it is!
Twitter users gasp for breath, while pointing out some pesky reality to Yglesias.
Matt Yglesias tries to stop the mockery.
Awful lot of conservatives totally unfamiliar with my work seem to have discovered this AM that I’m not a fan of local business regs.—
Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 03, 2013
“It’s the irony, stupid.” Also, he admits local regulations are business-killing, but federal Big Daddy Government regulations, burdens and business-killing policies are hunky-dory? Oh, sweetie.
Some of his best friends are Republicans.
The mockery continues and it is hilarious.
It’s funny, because it’s true.
Zing! But, take heart Matt. There is a job for you yet.
Heh. Since we are givers, we’ll offer up some follow-up required reading for Yglesias. Get out of the beltway bubble and talk to some small business owners.
- Forward! ‘Obama won, had to fire 22 employees’; Small business owners on Twitter doing same; Updated: More small biz owners attacked
- Small business owners teach Obama a little something about who builds businesses; Update: #BuiltItMyself
- Out of business avalanche: Small biz owners report ‘closing up shop,’ and ‘can’t afford to stay in business’
- Jon Lovitz continues to fight for small business, slams Obamacare: ‘It’s how it’s being paid for’
- Layoff bomb joined by hiring freeze: Small biz owners say ‘I won’t be hiring for a long time’
- Layoff bomb detonates; Large corporations join small businesses in announcing mass cuts
- Obama uses FACT to take more credit, pretend he loves small business; Citizens say ‘you lie’
- Business owners, Bristol Palin hit back at the president with ‘I Built This’ video
- #BarackObamaDidItForThem: More citizens answer Obama’s ‘you didn’t build that’ business slam
First it was “You didn’t build that.” Now Yglesias has discovered another aspect that those living in reality realized long ago: You can’t build that. Government business-killing regulations won’t let you.
For the win: