$400 million dollar giveaway ti Hollywood? As part of that "Fiscal Cliff" fix? Where do I sign up??—
Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) January 05, 2013
Thank goodness President Obama and Congress averted certain economic catastrophe by passing the fiscal cliff bill. Now Richie Riches like Bette Midler will finally have to pay their “fair share.” Well, before raking in $430 million in Hollywood handouts.
On Friday night, Midler acknowledged the Hollywood foot-rub in a tweet, asking “Where do I sign up??”
While we hope it was a joke, the Divine Miss M rarely has a sense of humor when it comes to issues she actually cares about:
- Midler mentions muskets, still meddling in gun control debate
- Bette Midler asks how much more death we’ll have at the hands of House Republicans
- Bette Midler says increase in carbon dioxide emissions is causing violent storms
- Bette Midler on Hurricane #Sandy: ‘Global warming costs big bucks’
- Bette Midler wants anti-Muslim filmmaker charged with murder
So at best, hundreds of millions in Hollywood welfare is a big ol’ punchline to Bette. But you can be sure she’ll be lining up to grab her piece of the pie if she figures out where to sign up.