Dick's stopped selling assault rifles after what happened in Connecticut, so they aren't filling any orders made in the last month—
errbody hates Chris (@khrisCHRIScris) December 28, 2012
After the Newtown tragedy, Dick’s Sporting Goods pulled “modern sporting rifles” from its shelves. Gun rights advocates were outraged at the move, but now, it appears that Dick’s has another gun-grabbing trick up its sleeve. Customers who placed orders for rifles from Dick’s before the Newtown shooting will have to look elsewhere; Dick’s is refusing to fulfill their orders.
Needless to say, Second-Amendment-supporting consumers are less than pleased.
It’s not just customers. The manufacturer of the guns, Troy industries says on its Facebook page that it’s deeply dismayed and shocked that Dick’s stopped selling its rifle.
Troy’s CEO says the company invested millions of dollars into its operations after selecting Dick’s as the sole distributor of this particular rifle.
You can read Troy’s full statement here.
Money talks; Dick’s had better get used to silence.