Tomorrow at the WH: Pres Obama meets with labor leaders and "progressive" activists to discuss fiscal cliff strategy. No press coverage.—
Mark Knoller (@markknoller) November 13, 2012
With his first round of golf out of the way, President Obama is reported to be kicking off his second term early with a closed-door meeting with leaders of several labor unions as well as what CBS News’ Mark Knoller calls “progressive activists.” The topic? America’s impending leap off the fiscal cliff. Will he ask if they’re for or against it?
We’re with those who’d like Knoller, or any member of the media, to at least knock on the door.
Knoller reports that these are the people invited to tomorrow’s meeting.
- Mary Kay Henry, SEIU
- Lee Saunders, AFSCME
- Dennis Van Roekel, NEA
- Rich Trumka, AFL-CIO
- Neera Tanden, Center for American Progress
- John Podesta, Center for American Progress
- Bob Greenstein, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
- Laura Burton Capps, Common Purpose Project
- Max Richtman, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
- Justin Ruben, MoveOn
- Deepak Bhargava, Center for Community Change