i'm gon shoot romney in duh face weather he win or not—
¥A$ON CL!FTON (@SteeveCastro) November 06, 2012
As Twitchy has reported, assassination threats targeting Mitt Romney continued to pile up throughout the campaign season.
- #FUCKROMNEY: Hate and death threats greet Romney’s RNC speech
- Twitter user threatens to assassinate Mitt Romney
- Conservatives chronicle Romney death threats, face false reports
- Death threats against Mitt Romney proliferate
- Post-presidential debate, Obama supporters renew vows to murder Mitt Romney
But this week, the disturbing threats on Romney’s life have absolutely exploded on Twitter. Here are just some of the recent tweets from people who want to assassinate the GOP candidate. There are many more coming in every hour.
These tweets do not include people who wished for Romney’s death.
Some of these tweets may be sick jokes or demented fantasies, but if even one of these violent threats is in earnest, it needs to be taken seriously. Reminder: While many Twitter users report death threats to the @SecretService Twitter account, the Secret Service asks that you make reports directly to state field offices.