RNC announces 1st list of convention speakers: Haley, Huck, Kasich, Martinez, McCain, Rice, Scott.—
Jim Acosta (@jimacostacnn) August 06, 2012
Here we go. With the Republican National Convention just three weeks away, the roster of speakers is starting to trickle out. Headliners will include Gov. Nikki Haley, former Gov. Mike Huckabee and McCain.
Fear not. The Republican National Committee confirms that it’s Sen. John McCain, not Meghan McCain. So there’s that.
More on the speakers:
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, the first female governor of South Carolina and the youngest sitting governor in the United States;
- Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, the 44th governor of Arkansas and 2008 presidential candidate is a NY Times best-selling author, radio and television show host;
- Ohio Governor John Kasich, former House Budget Committee chairman;
- New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, the first female Hispanic governor in the U.S. and the first female governor of New Mexico;
- Arizona Senator John McCain, the party’s 2008 nominee, now serving his fifth term in the U.S. Senate;
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, America’s 66th secretary of state and the first African-American female to hold the position; and
- Florida Governor Rick Scott, from the convention host state.
Donald Trump also believes he’ll have a role at the convention.
No official announcement on that one.